Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

27 minutes ago, Billy kettlefish said:

Can some of you enlighten folk please explain why there is so much curfufflle about getting a vaccine shot, it should be care and front line staff first, then every one over 75, once that has been sorted do it alphabetical it that to hard to sort out or am I just wishful. 

I think you will find that if you are over 50 you have a much higher likelihood of dying than someone who is 20. This is a priority system which has been developed after much research of the data and is generally applied all over the modern world and is unlikely to change because you have a different idea. Unless of course you are a world renowned immunology/public health expert of course

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nellie said:

A quick look at the Vaccination Dashboard shows that they have switched around 5000 doses from the 2nd dose stockpile into the 1st dose. This is good news as far as picking up the pace goes. 

But no jabs recorded so far today? I hope our vaccination palaces are fit for purpose during a lockdown.

11 minutes ago, Nellie said:

A quick look at the Vaccination Dashboard shows that they have switched around 5000 doses from the 2nd dose stockpile into the 1st dose. This is good news as far as picking up the pace goes. 

Supply in March was always going to be ramped up so no doubt now they have confirmation of imminent doses they can switch with the confidence enough is inbound.

10 minutes ago, Southernman said:

But no jabs recorded so far today? I hope our vaccination palaces are fit for purpose during a lockdown.

Might have something to do with the fact the Chester Street hub is all in darkness - ie closed, so it appeared when I walked past at 2pm.  It is really odd how they are rolling this programme out.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Might have something to do with the fact the Chester Street hub is all in darkness - ie closed, so it appeared when I walked past at 2pm.  It is really odd how they are rolling this programme out.  

It is odd. But let's hope that since The MBE said that we are due more than our fair share in the next few days (I think that's what I heard him say over the weekend) then the process should be a 7 day operation rather than the 3 day one we've have had so far. I'm told that there's no shortage of volunteer trained ex GP/hospital/nursing staff so there's no reason for holding back. They just need to get on with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXE8LdXzeHM&ab_channel=lonjil

8 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

It is odd. But let's hope that since The MBE said that we are due more than our fair share in the next few days (I think that's what I heard him say over the weekend) then the process should be a 7 day operation rather than the 3 day one we've have had so far. I'm told that there's no shortage of volunteer trained ex GP/hospital/nursing staff so there's no reason for holding back. They just need to get on with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXE8LdXzeHM&ab_channel=lonjil

Only 3119 jabs booked next 7 days which seems low, only about 450 per day over 2 hubs! Maybe the inability of anyone to get through to book is reducing number booking?

3 hours ago, Hmmmm said:

Just 5 jabs in care homes recorded so far today so hubs not in use.

Cambon beat me to it.

Edited by Southernman
Info duplicated

17 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I'm told that there's no shortage of volunteer trained ex GP/hospital/nursing staff so there's no reason for holding back

Correct, but they have not reached out for them. 

But don't believe all you read on social media ......too much disinformation out there. Believe the statements at the press conferences instead, their disinformation is more correct. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1