Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

I saw it suggested earlier, on Twitter, that the reason we are getting the extra 10k doses, is because we begged for them, from UK, because we are now in deep shit. HQ and DA know they have fucked up the vaccine programme, with their ‘it isn’t a race’ ethos.

Anecdotal I know, but makes sense. 10k is nothing to the UK.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I saw it suggested earlier, on Twitter, that the reason we are getting the extra 10k doses, is because we begged for them, from UK, because we are now in deep shit. HQ and DA know they have fucked up the vaccine programme, with their ‘it isn’t a race’ ethos.

Bollocks 

Its due to the UK supply increasing - of which we get a proportion 

7 hours ago, snowman said:

Bollocks 

Its due to the UK supply increasing - of which we get a proportion 

If you look at what we have injected and what we’ve got in hand with how many the UK has injected and has in store we’ve not had our 0.125-3%. More like 0.1%. That missing 0.025% equates to around 10,000 doses.

I haven’t looked at JSY or GSY figures, but some overseas territories have had increased supply, or no supply then everything at once. GIB has had much more per head than any other CD or OT. Issues with high infection rate and 15,000 non vaccinated workers crossing the border from Spain daily.

That being said the recent IOM cluster and lockdown is to recent to get a turnaround in juggernaut/oil tanker NHS supply chains, so it’s more likely we are playing catch up.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, John Wright said:

If you look at what we have injected and what we’ve got in hand with how many the UK has injected and has in store we’ve not had our 0.125-3%. More like 0.1%. That missing 0.025% equates to around 10,000 doses.

I haven’t looked at JSY or GSY figures, but some overseas territories have had increased supply, or no supply then everything at once. GIB has had much more per head than any other CD or OT. Issues with high infection rate and 15,000 non vaccinated workers crossing the border from Spain daily.

That being said the recent IOM cluster and lockdown is to recent to get a turnaround in juggernaut/oil tanker NHS supply chains, so it’s more likely we are playing catch up.

I agree with your rationale. If he delivers the promised 5000 this coming week it would make a significant difference to where we stand wrt. UK vaccination proportion. It would effectively deal with a whole category. 

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Bus drivers want to be pushed up priority list as well, given they are behind screens & everyone on bus has to wear a mask I’m not sure they are as deserving as say police or teachers 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/bus-drivers-want-to-move-up-vaccine-priority-list-says-unite/

They have no chance. Let's hope government sticks to its plan (based on WHO guidance and unites expertise) instead of yielding to these 'I want one' requests.

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

Bus drivers want to be pushed up priority list as well, given they are behind screens & everyone on bus has to wear a mask I’m not sure they are as deserving as say police or teachers 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/bus-drivers-want-to-move-up-vaccine-priority-list-says-unite/

Given the physical state of most of them I’d be demanding it to if I was a bus driver. I’ve not seen one under 20 stone. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nellie said:

HQ and DA know they have fucked up the vaccine programme, with their ‘it isn’t a race’ ethos.

Do you really believe that? 10% of our entire population is completely vaccinated. I don't think anywhere else in the world can claim that. UK is about 2% of adults, not entire population. 

10 hours ago, Nellie said:

I've always said that 85k first doses are a spit in the ocean for the manufacturers, so can't understand why we haven't had more than the 0.013 or whatever it is. Protecting an entire community makes sense from a health service point of view because they will lack the infrastructure and resources needed to cope with mass hospitalisations. Even the Shetlands & Outer/Inner Hebridies could be done all in one go.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Thanks JW. I asked a question way back on whether we were/are getting our proper share and what protocols are in place to ensure we do get what we were promised. I had hoped that a journo reading these pages might have picked up on it but clearly not.

29 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Do you really believe that? 10% of our entire population is completely vaccinated. I don't think anywhere else in the world can claim that. UK is about 2% of adults, not entire population. 

Israel, UAE are well ahead of 10% I think, whilst IOM doing OK we should be much further along and the 3 weeks delay to read paperwork was ridiculous.

also the booking system is an absolute shambles and the excuses for no online system is pathetic 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

No doubt if they are granted appointment times they'd be late and then all turn up at once.

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I've always said that 85k first doses are a spit in the ocean for the manufacturers, so can't understand why we haven't had more than the 0.013 or whatever it is. Protecting an entire community makes sense from a health service point of view because they will lack the infrastructure and resources needed to cope with mass hospitalisations. Even the Shetlands & Outer/Inner Hebridies could be done all in one go.

Yes, but we don’t buy from the manufacturers. We’ve no negotiating power, no financial clout. If we’d gone direct we’d not have got one shot into the arm of anyone.

Getting two doses into 85k people at 3 week interval would take 6 weeks and 4000 a day. That’s some infrastructure and staffing resource.

11 hours ago, Nellie said:

... we are now in deep shit. HQ and DA know they have fucked up the vaccine programme, with their ‘it isn’t a race’ ethos.

Oh for those days when we believed that to be the case.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Yes, but we don’t buy from the manufacturers. We’ve no negotiating power, no financial clout. If we’d gone direct we’d not have got one shot into the arm of anyone.

Getting two doses into 85k people at 3 week interval would take 6 weeks and 4000 a day. That’s some infrastructure and staffing resource.

Is it really thought?   Nurses and GPS at surgeries up and down the island, retired medics who volunteered to help out, people who offered to help with admin.

People were prepared to work night shifts to rock through it.  I personally would have helped in anyway I could even if just ferrying people to and from the local surgery.

Setup in a local church hall for 48 hours and ask people to come, sorted, pick up the ones who don't attend later.

We put the infrastructure to track and count a vote placed in a specific  building by tens of thousands of people over a few hours every election.  It just needed a bit of tweaking so you could monitor who was done and who wasn't.

Oh.  And they had six months to plan for it.

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1