Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 hour ago, No Spiddag said:

https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/covid-19-vaccination-statistics/

shows there are days in  the week when both are in use.

Now if only  one was set up  and in operation, and there was  some fault (power failure/water leak, whatever) we would no doubt criticise the lack of foresight for not having any other provision set up and ready to go.

What if there is another upswing of supply? Surely having two sites with ample parking has attractions for the  delivery of vaccines? I would imagine that  there is a finite throughput at either site with the need to maintain social distancing?

The last day both were in use seems to have been 26 February.  They seem to have managed doing over 1000 in one day at Chester Street yesterday, but if extra or alternative capacity was needed I believe there are other buildings that exist on the Island.  Some of them may even have skirting boards.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The last day both were in use seems to have been 26 February.  They seem to have managed doing over 1000 in one day at Chester Street yesterday, but if extra or alternative capacity was needed I believe there are other buildings that exist on the Island.  Some of them may even have skirting boards.

My sister who's a community nurse and helping out on vaccinations is currently going to be vaccinating on Saturday at Chester Street so clearly there ramping it up. I'm getting my first on Saturday but at Airport .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No Spiddag said:

Now if only  one was set up  and in operation, and there was  some fault (power failure/water leak, whatever) we would no doubt criticise the lack of foresight for not having any other provision set up and ready to go.

There is a lot to be said for fail-safe, distributed, systems. But if the gov. had gone for a simplistic but nevertheless efficient style of vaccinations, if one "hub" went down it would have been merely be a matter of moving the desk and chair to another location.

But I suppose the gov. could somehow manage to screw that up too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

and when they were first operating we were out of lockdown, so  generally those other buildings were in use, or had  poor parking, or poor bus links, weren't wheelchair accessible or perhaps were  not suitable if social distancing was required like now, etc,etc. Whichever buildings were used I  would imagine that  there would be someone having a moan.  Personally I think  the old supermarket was a great choice, and I can see why the Airport was chosen (though it may have been a least worse option).

10 minutes ago, No Spiddag said:

and when they were first operating we were out of lockdown, so  generally those other buildings were in use, or had  poor parking, or poor bus links, weren't wheelchair accessible or perhaps were  not suitable if social distancing was required like now, etc,etc. Whichever buildings were used I  would imagine that  there would be someone having a moan.  Personally I think  the old supermarket was a great choice, and I can see why the Airport was chosen (though it may have been a least worse option).

South - doesn't IOMG still own some buildings down at the Freeport? Last I looked there's still loads of space up for rent, fully carpeted (complete with skirting boards), toilets, car park etc, etc.

Posted on facebook 

I understand that some callers to today’s Mannin Line spoke of having attended appointments at Chester Street for their second vaccinations to be advised to return on Thursday. I am due my second Pfizer vaccination tomorrow, so made contact with the 111 Team to check whether my appointment would be going ahead and was advised that too has been rescheduled for Thursday. It seems that people with appointments for second vaccinations scheduled for today or tomorrow should have received notification of rescheduling, but obviously some of us haven’t. Would therefore suggest that anyone else with appointments for their second vaccinations at Chester Street later today or tomorrow check first whether their appointment has been rescheduled for later in the week.

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

But if the gov. had gone for a simplistic but nevertheless efficient style of vaccinations, if one "hub" went down it would have been merely be a matter of moving the desk and chair to another location.

They tried that. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/police-report-shocking-flytipping-at-island-beauty-spot/

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

My sister who's a community nurse and helping out on vaccinations is currently going to be vaccinating on Saturday at Chester Street so clearly there ramping it up. I'm getting my first on Saturday but at Airport .

what group are you in?

Over 1000 first doses yesterday which is worthy of recognition and a sign they might have finally seen their way to get things moving.

(It does appear this came at  the expense of people who had second jabs booked and who weren't notified they had been rescheduled until they turned up at the hub, but hey ho.  Lets not be expecting miracles)