Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Obviously all those people are either stupid, telling fibs, or both.

Why can't they ever just accept the made a mistake.  Any private business would put their hands up, admit something went wrong and apologise.

People understand mistakes happen.  People don't like being lied to and made out to be stupid.

Good job these clowns aren't dependant on repeat business.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/people-have-been-told-about-pfizer-vaccination-move-says-dhsc/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

I am booked in to Chester st tomorrow for my first jab and second mid May, not that I mind, my wife got her letter this morning and registered online just awaiting time and date much easier than the phoneline.

Had a phone call Friday night for first jab got a date to attend Wednesday at 12.00 in and out in 10 minutes cannot fault the frontline staff first class service, maybe I am just lucky.

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Anyone on here had the phone call to confirm first injection and told you will get a email confimation and still waiting ? Seems logistics is not a strong point in this regime . 

People on the Mannin Line today have been saying their email confirmations have been turning up in spam, so check your spam folder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

I am booked in to Chester st tomorrow for my first jab and second mid May, not that I mind, my wife got her letter this morning and registered online just awaiting time and date much easier than the phoneline.

My wife and I received our letters this morning.I dashed to the computer and was halfway through filling in the details when my wife told me to come and speak to the nice man on the phone. Job done. Seems that providing an on-line option has eased the pressure on 111.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2021 at 8:50 PM, John Wright said:

All vaccine trial continue past licensing. It’s only then that large scale data about long term use can be gathered. It’s nothing sinister. Doesn’t mean it’s not been tested enough to be emergency licensed.

You are wrong but then you are a lawyer, not a biochemist :)

On 3/6/2021 at 1:37 PM, madmanxpilot said:

Additional scientific questions about the vaccines remain that should be answered to improve vaccine efficacy, including questions regarding the optimisation of vaccination regimens, booster doses, the correlates of protection, vaccine effectiveness, safety and enhanced surveillance. The timely and coordinated execution of these post-efficacy tasks will bring the pandemic to an effective, and efficient, close. Hence the continuance trials.

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 13.31.03.png

What you have posted pertains more to the drug companies marketing targets.

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

Just come off the phone with a work colleague down in Crawley who says she's off for her 1st jab on Saturday at her GPs practice...  She has just turned 42yo. We have a long way to go. 

UK GPs are calling patients at random to fill in cancellations. I know people over there in their 20s who have been done, especially down South. 

29 minutes ago, Scipio said:

You are wrong but then you are a lawyer, not a biochemist :)

I think John is both right and wrong. There is no ongoing 'trial' as you correctly state. However, what does go on forever is learning and experience as well as (most importantly) the analysis of longer term data. Perhaps this is what he meant.