Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

2 hours ago, Twitch said:

Looks like Beamans must have some kind of retainer with Isle of Man Government...

I’m sure they’re worth top dollar.

We has best get ready for another Gov service review and an Arms Length Management Organisation. (ALMO).

Wonder what they will call this one.

Edited by Apple

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Seems fair enough to me.

Well, toasters can look a bit a bit shiny and in a certain light....

Anyway, phoned last Sunday, got appointments for this morning. AZ vaccine at airport. A bit overstaffed for a Sunday. but plenty of people turned up around the same time. Looked organised and efficient but it was vey very cold in there. 

No pain, no time wasted, infection control measures in place. (gloves).

Now looking at kitchen equipment in a different light funnily enough...

Edited by Apple

3 hours ago, Twitch said:

Looks like Beamans must have some kind of retainer with Isle of Man Government...

I’m sure they’re worth top dollar.

Yes, the JEGS reviews have not gone down well. You do have to ask why they couldn't have postponed them 6 months or a year in the current pandemic. Part of the problem was the sheer number of grades in the DoI as a result of smushing together propertie deaprtments of Education, Health, Highways and DOLGE etc. into one department. 

"AstraZeneca suspension 'highly unlikely' says Ashford"

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/astrazeneca-suspension-highly-unlikely-says-ashford/

They are not identifying any links between the vaccine itself and blood clots.

I would have thought blood clots were more likely perhaps to be linked to HOW the vaccine is being delivered? Such as air in the syringe from tired and sloppy vaccinators? With millions of vaccines being delivered, the chances are increasingly high on that one IMO?

There has to be a considerable amount of air in a syringe before it becomes life-threatening Albert. Upwards of 50ml will cause problems, those syringes being used for the vaccinations look like 5ml so unlikely to be problematic in most cases. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/astrazeneca-suspension-highly-unlikely-says-ashford/

I would have thought blood clots were more likely perhaps to be linked to HOW the vaccine is being delivered? Such as air in the syringe from tired and sloppy vaccinators? With millions of vaccines being delivered, the chances are increasingly high on that one IMO?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

There’s been very few blood clots out of the c20m Oxford administered across Europe, apparently less than normally seen in population size, but suppose decisions in Europe are typical of their mishandling of vaccine roll out

• Like 1