Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

11 hours ago, piebaps said:

My letter arrived yesterday and I registered online last night. Got the call just after 1300 today and she readily volunteered I was getting the AZ. In at the airport on Sunday just like @Andy Onchan

Very fast and trouble free - apart from the AZ bit obvs. Looks like I'm going to have my chin removed and then take up morris dancing.:D

I've got some spare bell pads and plenty of spare handkerchiefs but I'll have to have a root around the attic for a spare straw boater for you. What time shall we meet for the hand over? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I was just wondering if it might be easier to have an admin or two down there that simply complete the form with you by computer then print it for you to sign.  Potentially quicker.  Less contact points etc.

There is a staff member who checks you in on the system when you enter, who then hands you the questionnaire on a clipboard with a pen. Another staff member then collects it off you and disappears with it and eventually your name is called but you have to listen carefully lest your name is drowned out in the echoic cacophony.

Attending blood clinic at the hospital t'other day, I approached the entrance wearing a brand-new moisture-proof paper mask I'd unwrapped im the car. The two lackeys at the sanitisation desk (one of whom wearing a bus drivers uniform) watched me as I put on an brand-new N95 mask on over my brand-new, moisture-proof paper mask (double-masking) and just out of the wrapper, and er, brand-new, surgical gloves. This wasn't enough for them though. I was told to remove the N95 and paper mask to be given one of the paper masks they had a box of. The gloves had to come off too, and alcohol gel applied to my bare hands which had I'd already doused with gel in the car before the gloves went on. Strangely enough, there was nothing said about my replacing the N95 mask back over the newly applied paper one I'd been given. Or when I put my surgical gloves back on. I began to explain the precautions I'd taken and that the N95 was hospital standard but the glazed expression said it all.

And at the temporary blood clinic waiting area in front of the coffee shop you're given a clipboard with an A4 questionnaire to put your details on. The ungloved woman in front of me who'd been adjusting her mask while filling in her form handed it and the pen back to the nurse who immediately offered me the pen the mask-fiddler had just used. Fortunately, I had my own pen at the ready following what I'd observed at Chester Street. There was very little in the way of social-distancing going on between staff in the waiting or blood collection areas.

I left there slightly disheartened, to be honest...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Which is fine if it is the right form (which I think it wasn't at one point?). Also that you have a printer.   Which many people don't.

I would hope that HQ has access to and can operate a printer? Maybe not? 

I find that he was not well organised enough in his private life to fill out the form before he got there quite a telling statement of his character.............

53 minutes ago, quilp said:

There is a staff member who checks you in on the system when you enter, who then hands you the questionnaire on a clipboard with a pen. Another staff member then collects it off you and disappears with it and eventually your name is called but you have to listen carefully lest your name is drowned out in the echoic cacophony.

Attending blood clinic at the hospital t'other day, I approached the entrance wearing a brand-new moisture-proof paper mask I'd unwrapped im the car. The two lackeys at the sanitisation desk (one of whom wearing a bus drivers uniform) watched me as I put on an brand-new N95 mask on over my brand-new, moisture-proof paper mask (double-masking) and just out of the wrapper, and er, brand-new, surgical gloves. This wasn't enough for them though. I was told to remove the N95 and paper mask to be given one of the paper masks they had a box of. The gloves had to come off too, and alcohol gel applied to my bare hands which had I'd already doused with gel in the car before the gloves went on. Strangely enough, there was nothing said about my replacing the N95 mask back over the newly applied paper one I'd been given. Or when I put my surgical gloves back on. I began to explain the precautions I'd taken and that the N95 was hospital standard but the glazed expression said it all.

And at the temporary blood clinic waiting area in front of the coffee shop you're given a clipboard with an A4 questionnaire to put your details on. The ungloved woman in front of me who'd been adjusting her mask while filling in her form handed it and the pen back to the nurse who immediately offered me the pen the mask-fiddler had just used. Fortunately, I had my own pen at the ready following what I'd observed at Chester Street. There was very little in the way of social-distancing going on between staff in the waiting or blood collection areas.

I left there slightly disheartened, to be honest...

I went for a blood test on 12th March and had to remove mask & replace with surgical one, I didn’t have gloves on but a few behind me were similar to you and got a built arsey about removing everything, guy just said I’m following orders.

the blood clinic was still in same place but we were just queuing until called, a few seats available for older clients & yes had to fill in form with grubby pen handed to me!!

I find you're whining for the sake of it. I asked the helpful 111 lady if I should complete the form before attending. She said I could if I wanted but it didn't really matter one way or the other. I love a good moan, but moaning about this is taking it a bit far....even for MF.

Edited by piebaps
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

I went for a blood test on 12th March and had to remove mask & replace with surgical one, I didn’t have gloves on but a few behind me were similar to you and got a built arsey about removing everything, guy just said I’m following orders.

the blood clinic was still in same place but we were just queuing until called, a few seats available for older clients & yes had to fill in form with grubby pen handed to me!!

Off topic, but what upsets me is the amount of discarded disposable masks I see in the hospital grounds and car park. What is wrong with these people.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Off topic, but what upsets me is the amount of discarded disposable masks I see in the hospital grounds and car park. What is wrong with these people.

Yes it’s terrible the amount lying around, no excuse for behavior but if they left a bin just outside main door for disposal of the masks it might help 

13 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

This familiar fella in front of me today didn't have a printer - looks like he's asleep, but he's filling out his form.

hrh.jpg

Could you hear him spelling out the words? 
name: H-O-W-R oh crap I spelt my name wrong. Nurse! Nurse! More crayons please!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Yes it’s terrible the amount lying around, no excuse for behavior but if they left a bin just outside main door for disposal of the masks it might help 

I typically pick up surrounding litter if about to put something in the bin but I absolutely refuse to pick up a used face mask. I was at Tesco the other day and a used facemask was left discarded in the trolley I was about to select, absolutely grim, I shoved it to one side and selected a different one.

9 hours ago, quilp said:

What I found strange was those clipboards didn't seem to be given the treatment to inhibit fomite transmission. Didn't see one being wiped down. Or the pens, one bloke chewed on the end of his whilst reading and filling in the form. 

I didn't see anything other than the bench in the injection cubicle being wiped down at Chester Street yesterday.

I didn't have a consent form filled out as I was told not to bother when I was given my appointment. I forgot my pen so had to use the unwiped one I was given. 

Wasn't a problem though as afterwards I used the hand sanitizer that goes everywhere with me on my keyring. 

For those of you opting to fill the form out at the hub, you might want to have your NHS number handy as it's asked for. I had my pre-paid prescription card with me, otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue.

• Thanks 1