Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

40 minutes ago, John Wright said:

There does appear to be more on the NHS App than on patient access. Here are my two dashboards. I haven’t checked to find out what the extra entries are, yet.

9ECC9FB8-32D0-4582-8151-33EA6ACD56EC.jpeg

1951FDF3-C8D4-4468-BCAA-CE3715BA666D.jpeg

I noticed that last night and I'm sure some of the NHS data is replicated but under a different heading in Patient Access. I'll check again later.

19 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

Lovely interaction with 111 just now.

I was offered a vaccine at the airport on a Sunday morning which is not very convenient for me so I politely declined the appointment to which I received in accusatory tones;

"well why can't you get there?"

Not wishing to really get into it I said that transport on a Sunday morning was not very achievable for me, to which;

"well are you going to make any appointment then? because we're not coming to Ramsey anytime soon"

I struggle to understand the benefit of adopting a confrontational approach with these sort of things and fear that it's the sort of attitude and approach which will put people off getting a vaccine

in the interests of fairness I had a much more professional interaction this morning with 111 regarding the vaccine

so that was nice

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

in the interests of fairness I had a much more professional interaction this morning with 111 regarding the vaccine

so that was nice

I am sure when I rang I was given a choice of either vaccine or venue, possibly both, I can't remember as I had no preference in either.  Anyway, it was a pain-free process. 

You must have gotten one of them there jobsworths first time round.

• Like 1

Just now, piebaps said:

He'd have got to the airport quick enough if there were some free biccies on offer:D

There's a complex distance to biscuit ratio at play here

lets just say wagon wheels would have to be involved

• Haha 2

Just now, Rhumsaa said:

There's a complex distance to biscuit ratio at play here

lets just say wagon wheels would have to be involved

Old ones or new ones?The old ones were the size of............well big things. The new ones appear to have shrunk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Old ones or new ones?The old ones were the size of............well big things. The new ones appear to have shrunk.

maybe you've just got bigger?

your hands I mean

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Indeed, the old Wagon Wheels were a challenge  the new ones are more like trolley wheels. 

In the vein of all such things 😒  Mars bars,  Marathons, everything naughtily sugar laden is about 2/3rds or less the size that they used to be. Except for the price oddly. 

But I'm sure we must all be healthier because of it...just like the Sugar Tax on drinks...

1 minute ago, Sheldon said:

There's a very old joke there about Jeremy Beadle having a wank.

I thought that joke was in incredibly bad taste

but on the other hand...............

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Banker said:

If you’re with Hailwood, I had a response to my email regarding the absence of vaccinations from my records after 18 days, they basically said we’re busy with 8500 patients, Covid restrictions etc but we’ll get around to it when we can. Other practices seem to be able to manage but nothing you can do but wait 

I asked about how vaccinated status is recorded. The answer was that when you are vaccinated, the staff record data into MEDWAY and the GP surgery then update EMIS (your health record).

For the record to show on the NHS app (and I assume therefore Patient Access too), the GP practice has to share the EMIS record with the NHS. Apparently, according to my respondent, it isn’t normal for the practices to share this fact, which means it would be up to the individual to contact their practice to ask for it to happen.

I must admit that this answer doesn't quite line up with what is happening, in that some surgeries are obviously making the data viewable in NHS app without it being requested. It does show that surgeries seem to be taking different approaches to processing this data. That's not good.