Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

I can't belive many over 50 won't be double jabbed by the end of this month.

I am nowhere near 50 and will be done by tynwald day.

Stupid the focus on people.pver a certain age anyway.

A fat, lazy 30 year old smoker if higher risk than a 55 year old who eats well and exercises.

Have said it before, but I can't believe they haven't emphasised more to people the simple steps we can all take with a bit of self responsibility to reduce our individual risks.

Like @Roger Mexicosays you can work it out from first jabs. We are all on the same page. Just get them brought forward into June. It's not rocket science. 

Dont worry the obese lazy lot you refer to will have been done due the their 'vulnerability '

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Like @Roger Mexicosays you can work it out from first jabs. We are all on the same page. Just get them brought forward into June. It's not rocket science. 

Dont worry the obese lazy lot you refer to will have been done due the their 'vulnerability '

Anyway. I am even boring myself with this so it's the end of it for me. Too late now. Just have to hope it works out OK.

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

We had this discussion before. The majority yes, but far from all. 

If it's such a small number why not bring them forward. 

You are contradicting yourself all the time. First its 30,000 now it's a tiny minority.

Again I don't really understand what you're saying.  The 32,000 are all the vaccine appointments booked at the moment if you had move the 10,000 or so in the two weeks following, forward to fill the gap, then there would be a new two week gap where they had previously been booked unless you moved the next lot forward as well.

Of the 14780 vaccines booked from 14 June to the end of the month, 9078 of them are in the 50-54, 55-59 and 60-64 cohorts and that makes up 88% of those in the those groups who have a second dose booked

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

Again I don't really understand what you're saying.  The 32,000 are all the vaccine appointments booked at the moment if you had move the 10,000 or so in the two weeks following, forward to fill the gap, then there would be a new two week gap where they had previously been booked unless you moved the next lot forward as well.

Of the 14780 vaccines booked from 14 June to the end of the month, 9078 of them are in the 50-54, 55-59 and 60-64 cohorts and that makes up 88% of those in the those groups who have a second dose booked

I'm not disputing that. Can you work out how many O50s will not had had their second jabs by 28th June?

Is it a lot or not many.

There are two issues.

1. We planned for this. All O50s could have been done by 3rd week june. We have the stock already.give or take.

2. Too late for that now granted. It would be too difficult, but, if as you say, there's not many after 28th june. Why not sort it so there isn't.

BEFORE THAT IS TOO LATE AS WELL.

20 minutes ago, snowman said:

Any news about the NHS app to show vaccination status ?

"Check your Covid-19 vaccine record" in the NHS app still isnt working. So no QR code. No verification possible.

Although it is shown in the "Your GP Health Record" but no QR code. This will make life difficult if authorities are expecting the QR code.

No. No news. And my second jab hasn’t shown up on either NHS App or patient access. I had my 2nd jab 2 weeks ago. The first one showed in 3 days. But then I had a raft of blood tests 10 days ago and they haven’t appeared either. Normally 24/48 hours.

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Both of my doses appeared in both NHS & PatientAccess within 48 hours after the event. But, as everyone is saying, no QR code(s) as yet.

The QR code would be the one used for travel purposes & access to large U.K. events. Strange how many countries including Channel Islands are giving less restrictions to fully vaccinated arrivals but U.K. & IOm aren’t.

6 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

That's not strictly true. There are quite a few adults that can't have a vaccine. They aren't anti vaxxers, though that seems to be how they are categorised.

That’s true of every vaccination programme. And that’s the beauty of vaccination where the delivery to a population is high, as here, those who can’t, won’t, forget, etc.  Or those for whom the vaccination delivers less than optimal immunity/protection, do achieve a high degree of protection because of the community protection from spread.

I wouldn’t categorise someone for whom vaccination is contra indicated as an ant-vaxxer. Fortunately they are rare. I’m immuno-compromised. I’m now waiting to be tested to see if I’ve developed anti bodies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

That’s true of every vaccination programme. And that’s the beauty of vaccination where the delivery to a population is high, as here, those who can’t, won’t, forget, etc.  Or those for whom the vaccination delivers less than optimal immunity/protection, do achieve a high degree of protection because of the community protection from spread.

I wouldn’t categorise someone for whom vaccination is contra indicated as an ant-vaxxer. Fortunately they are rare. I’m immuno-compromised. I’m now waiting to be tested to see if I’ve developed anti bodies.

I wish you good luck with your anti body tests john,  and i hadn't really thought of it from that way around, but i was more sort of thinking in terms of those with overactive immune systems. I know of 3 that can't have any of the jabs. Roughest of the rough back of a fag packet i extrapolate out that to quite a few hundred people

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I wish you good luck with your anti body tests john,  and i hadn't really thought of it from that way around, but i was more sort of thinking in terms of those with overactive immune systems. I know of 3 that can't have any of the jabs. Roughest of the rough back of a fag packet i extrapolate out that to quite a few hundred people

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Guernsey also having problems with vaccinations passport for travel, hopefully Ashie will give update on progress soon 

https://guernseypress.com/news/2021/06/04/travellers-face-being-turned-away-by-airlines/

What "progress" should "Ashie" be updating? There shouldn't be any progress given it's a stupid idea.

The UK government have even stated the NHS card is worth Jack Shit as far as they are concerned.