Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

I note we now have 13,400 shots in the fridge. That's up c3000 in a week. 

That's actually a bit worrying, given that there are about 5000 vaccination appointments a week from now on for about six weeks.  Even with that latest delivery stocks as at 6 June were 13.402 and there are 11.657 booked in just the next two weeks from when vaccinations restart on 14 June - 93% second doses.  So it could be quite tight and there doesn't seem to be much scope for opening up to younger groups who have not been vaccinated at all.

In another topic John suggested that the problem was that the Isle of Man wasn't 'drawing down' it's full allocation - effectively there were doses 'in the bank' in the UK that weren't showing on the dashboard.  It would be nice to think this, but given that we have  already used a higher number of doses per head than the UK, I'm not sure it's true.

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's actually a bit worrying, given that there are about 5000 vaccination appointments a week from now on for about six weeks.  Even with that latest delivery stocks as at 6 June were 13.402 and there are 11.657 booked in just the next two weeks from when vaccinations restart on 14 June - 93% second doses.  So it could be quite tight and there doesn't seem to be much scope for opening up to younger groups who have not been vaccinated at all.

In another topic John suggested that the problem was that the Isle of Man wasn't 'drawing down' it's full allocation - effectively there were doses 'in the bank' in the UK that weren't showing on the dashboard.  It would be nice to think this, but given that we have  already used a higher number of doses per head than the UK, I'm not sure it's true.

We’ve used fewer doses per head than Wales, Guernsey and Jersey, I think. So, if it’s a strict allocation and delivery where have their extra doses come from.

I’m as certain as I can be that we get an allocation and then decide when to draw down and have delivered.

We still haven’t had an official explanation of the 10k anomaly that appeared and disappeared 14 days ago.

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I have always questioned the vaccine allocation issue. How do we know we're getting our allotted number? I've yet to see any numbers, anywhere. I can't find any reference to that even in UK.gov website.

35 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I do see what you mean but you keep assuming deliveries will stop. 

We should be assuming that they will not. If they do we are goosed anyway and meeting the programme becomes an irrelevance. 

14 hours ago, Banker said:

More good news on vaccinations protection once you’ve had both doses 

On the Indian variant, Mr Hancock said: "As of 3 June our data show that of the 12,383 cases of the Delta variant, 464 went on to present at emergency care and 126 people were admitted to hospital.

"Of these 126 people, 83 were unvaccinated, 28 had received one dose and just three had received both doses of the vaccine."

Actually this isn't really clear.  PHE produce a weekly technical briefing called SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern and variants under investigation in England and Week 14 was released on 3 June covering cases sequenced up to 31 May.  These aren't those figures (indeed you've quoted the 3 June ones in earlier posts).  So either Hancock has got the date wrong and these are provisional figures for Week 15 (up to 7 June) or they are just for the three days up to 3 June.  In either case (especially the latter) they are rather worrying.

The reason is the increase in numbers of cases since the last published report (see page 12 of above link).  These are cumulative figures since the start of February for the Indian/Delta/B.1617.2 variant, but they show an increase of 31% in just one week or maybe even 3 days.

The hospitalisation and related figures are encouraging, though underestimated because of the way they only report in your quote the A&E cases who have tested positive previously[1].  I'm slightly worried that we may be underestimating seriousness because other factors may have affected the age range of those infected - we saw this in our own February/March outbreak with low numbers in older groups, even though vaccination hadn't had time to make much effect.

There's also a real oddity there that needs explaining in the figures for those infected etc after one dose of vaccine.  Because the limited protection takes time to develop you would expect most cases to occur in the first three weeks when the effect was less.  Post-vaccination studies have earlier shown exactly that.  But the opposite is shown in these figures.  Even if it had been random you would expect at least a quarter of the cases to be under 21 days (given the 12 weeks between jabs), but it isn't even that, it's less.

[1]  The idea is to discount those who attend A&E for something unrelated and happen to test positive for Covid, but it also means you discard people who turn up with Covid symptoms but haven't been tested till then.

How do IOM residents get this sorted ?

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/event-guide/london/stadium/ 

For ticket holders based in the UK:

Proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT), reported and demonstrated via a text message or email from NHS Test and Trace. This can be on your device (including a screenshot) or a printout. The test needs to be taken within 48 hours of the time stadium gates open (meaning three hours before match kick-off).

Or proof of full vaccination - both doses received at least 14 days prior to the match (demonstrated via the NHS App or via the Scottish or Welsh vaccination record services).

For ticket holders based elsewhere:

Proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT), reported and demonstrated via a text message or email. The test needs to be taken within 48 hours of the time stadium gates open (meaning three hours before match kick-off).

Any other test results, e.g. a PCR test result from a private company, will not be accepted and entry will be denied.

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Ask Ashford, he said months ago they were working on solutions.

Jersey sorted it out for their residents and allowing less restrictions on travel for fully vaccinated who will also be able to attend euros etc

I have done - as well as asking above.  Edit to add - I've discovered how to get my hands on a LFT kit and report the result to the NHS but the issue about proof of vaccination remains

Edited by snowman

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Stay at home, or go to your local, and watch it on the telly.

Don't jump through fucking ridiculous hoops.

It should just be a case of pressing a few buttons on my phone. But if you want to live in a bubble crack on

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, snowman said:

How do IOM residents get this sorted ?

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/event-guide/london/stadium/ 

You quoted the answer yourself.

Lateral flow test.  They are all over the UK and easy to come by.  Several people I visited last week had drawers full of them as they keep getting sent them by work, NHS etc.

Surely it’s easy enough for Mr Ashford and his team to advise a way that we can utilise these?  It has been obvious we would need to for months so I am sure they are all over it

4 minutes ago, snowman said:

I can't prove I am double jabbed 

Self test LFT is open to abuse

Yes it is, but who cares? They are particularly accurate anyway.

It’s just a token gesture to make the scared people feel a bit better.

They really do need to give some advice on this now the UK and events are opening up.