Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Come on John! I'm getting mixed messages😅

On a positive note I see the old vaccine dashboard is up and running and the O50s 2nd jab progress is much better. Just 149 to go. All in next few days.

Same message in both. 

But that still leaves 8,700 adults who haven’t booked any vaccine.

Today sees closure of airport hub. Ashie singing it’s praises. Claiming it’s been open 6 months. It opened 27 January. I make that 5 months and a week. 

It’s done 30,000 jabs. Chester Street has done more at just under 65,000. And in less time, having opened 6 weeks later. In fact, for half its life the Airport was only used Friday Saturday and Sunday and Chester Street didn’t vaccinate at weekends.

We clearly didn’t need two over engineered hubs at huge cost.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Today sees closure of airport hub. Ashie singing it’s praises. Claiming it’s been open 6 months. It opened 27 January. I make that 5 months and a week. 

It’s done 30,000 jabs. Chester Street has done more at just under 65,000. And in less time, having opened 6 weeks later. In fact, for half its life the Airport was only used Friday Saturday and Sunday and Chester Street didn’t vaccinate at weekends.

So had it been open 8 hours a day, that equals the grand total of 23 jabs an hour. Which is similar to the pharmacy a relative works in in a fairly small town in England.

Truly an achievement to be proud of and money well spent, yet still applauded by the majority.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Fantastic achievement by the DOI according to VOR!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, finlo said:

Fantastic achievement by the DOI according to VOR!

It never ceases to amaze that MR, IOMNP and GEF  all just regurgitate the press releases without question or examination of the facts.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, oooohtony said:

So had it been open 8 hours a day, that equals the grand total of 23 jabs an hour. Which is similar to the pharmacy a relative works in in a fairly small town in England.

Truly an achievement to be proud of and money well spent, yet still applauded by the majority.

It was the skirting boards that won the day. Without those the project would have been a disaster.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

It was the skirting boards that won the day. Without those the project would have been a disaster.

Yes.  I believe MNH have first refusal on them when the hub is dismantled to crown a future display of "2020/2021 The Covid Years. -  How Mann fought a Virus". 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

I've put my tender in for the removal of the Airport hub. I've aimed my pitch - 6 months @ £750,000. 

Feels promising.

Far too cheap.... you're out in the first round.

ETA: Oh, and far too quick....there's no rush.

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

I've put my tender in for the removal of the Airport hub. I've aimed my pitch - 6 months @ £750,000. 

Feels promising.

How much will you make selling on the 3 x 2 and the plasterboard? :D

Pfizer vaccine efficacy down to 64% against the Delta variant although it's still effective in preventing serious illness. Some scientists advising that all over 50's in Israel have booster shots starting August. Spain and Germany mixing the vaccines...

Interesting link for those with an attention span greater than 3 minutes.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-confirms-vaccine-less-effective-against-delta-variant-eyes-third-dose/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Holte End said:

Now your having a laugh,  Tender, whoever told you the works were to be tendered. 

The airport hub has been a great gig for someone ! Chester Street I could understand, still pricey but did work well, the airport a shambles from day one. How government accepted the cost is beyond me, someone must have expressed surprise surely. I guess just symptomatic of their utter contempt for taxpayers money.

• Like 3