Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

52 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It's a sensible explanation,  but I dont understand why we are kept in the dark and have to resort to calculation and assumption.

I know the Pfizer is less available that AZ but it's not exactly scarce. 

I had the good fortune of 2 doses!

Quite. Mushroom syndrome.

13 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

2 1/2 days after my 2nd jab I'm beginning to feel normal. Was like death warmed up yesterday and today my arm was in agony to the point I could barely lift it. 

Heard this about several people, one of whom has gone off island for further assessment / treatment.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Quite. Mushroom syndrome.

Probably to stop people making connections they would rather not want to confuse the majority with.  

In an effort to get as many vaccinated as possible (possibly children eventually) the benefits of vaccination have to be emphasised. Parents are naturally concerned as yet about jabs for children and it is still by no means clear what will be recommended when the trials finish.

I don’t understand the constant carping and conspiracy theorising regarding vaccine roll out on here.  The usual “we had 14000 doses yesterday, and now there’s only 12999, but we only administered 968 - what aren’t we being told, David Ashford should resign” etc is getting boring.

The facts, as far as I can tell them, is that as a small nation we are in the top 10 in the world, and are ahead of both the UK and our island comparators Jersey.

And while I’m on; lockdowns etc.  The fact, once again, is that over the last 15 months we’ve had it normal (travel excepted) for about 9 of them.  Where else in Europe can say that?

I know there have been mistakes - where hasn’t there been? - and I don’t necessarily subscribe to the view that our government have been exemplars.  But give them a break. They’ve done well, largely due to our island status, border controls, and population density. Nobody had a route map for this. They did ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I don’t understand the constant carping and conspiracy theorising regarding vaccine roll out on here.  The usual “we had 14000 doses yesterday, and now there’s only 12999, but we only administered 968 - what aren’t we being told, David Ashford should resign” etc is getting boring.

The facts, as far as I can tell them, is that as a small nation we are in the top 10 in the world, and are ahead of both the UK and our island comparators Jersey.

And while I’m on; lockdowns etc.  The fact, once again, is that over the last 15 months we’ve had it normal (travel excepted) for about 9 of them.  Where else in Europe can say that?

I know there have been mistakes - where hasn’t there been? - and I don’t necessarily subscribe to the view that our government have been exemplars.  But give them a break. They’ve done well, largely due to our island status, border controls, and population density. Nobody had a route map for this. They did ok.

That bit of sea helped.... which makes the decision-making easy.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Nobody had a route map for this. They did ok.

I keep reading comments like this.  The PAC found that not only did we have multiple pandemic plans, but that government failed to implement them.  What did nobles implement from the pandemic plans?

14 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

That bit of sea helped.... which makes the decision-making easy.

made the control easy rather than the decisions, except for jet ski man, and key workers needing plaster board to fix boilers, and welders to fuck up welding rail etc etc  and steam packet staff we didn't do anything about cos it wasn't malicious,  i doubt miss get off the boat and fill up with petrol was malicious either but no no, jail for her endangering everyone like that

Edited by Pipsqueak

55 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Yes. Fair points mostly. There has been a catch up certainly.

However Re "The facts, as far as I can tell them, is that as a small nation we are in the top 10 in the world, and are ahead of both the UK and our island comparators Jersey"

1. We would have no excuse not to be given no one is more than about 10miles from the centre and most of the population is within about 5 miles. Added to this we are benefitting from the UKs incredible supply of vaccines that they secured, not us.
  2. What's the point in having a vaccination dashboard that is wrong.

50 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

made the control easy rather than the decisions, except for jet ski man, and key workers needing plaster board to fix boilers, and welders to fuck up welding rail etc etc  and steam packet staff we didn't do anything about cos it wasn't malicious,  i doubt miss get off the boat and fill up with petrol was malicious either but no no, jail for her endangering everyone like that

They were all pre-vaccine program. Times are different now.

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:
  1. What's the point in having a vaccination dashboard that is wrong.

Perhaps it’s partly because there’s a bit of inconsistency in the volume in the vials - do we get 5 shots or do we get 6 (say it like Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry) - which can mean the numbers don’t exactly tally at all times of the day. Or there are occasional errors in data entry. Or data entry is by multiple people at slightly different times. 

My point is if one looks at the bigger picture the vaccination programme is being delivered extremely well, thanks to both UK supply and IOM local logistics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, John Wright said:

Isn’t it more likely to be a function of they gave more first doses of AZ 12 weeks ago to the over 40’s, and they’ve been having second doses, because they were keeping pfizer then for under 40’s, so pfizer round 2 comes next. The moderna presumably has been all dose 1?

There's been 4 second Moderna doses, either people who had their first elsewhere or were being rushed through with the minimum interval, I suppose.  The rest of the second doses are in the usual 40/60 ratio you see at other times .

Actually today's short-notice drop-in suggests it may have been less because of unwillingness to use Pfizer on younger first doses[1] than an attempt to use up their Moderna supply before it went out of date.  Either because they have been hoarding stock for too long or because the stuff they have been sent has been short-dated.

[1]  It's only 11 since the start of June and you suspect those were 'left-overs' from second doses being used up.

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

In relation to the obsession over jabs and numbers available - you have to remember your audience.  Largely pensioners with fuck all better to do than have a mind working overtime on various conspiracies etc.

• Like 1