Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

I'll explain.  It was stated by the government that the gold standard (14 days) was 99% risk free.

Therefore by simple maths if there were 700 returnees that isolated to the gold standard. 7 would pass through. That would explain why we had infections that the isolation regime in December failed to protect us from.

My conclusion. 700 was too many returnees and that is why we have a lockdown.

We’ve had 700 a week , or more, since June. The 99% or 99.5% isn’t of the 700 travellers it’s 99% or 99.5% of travellers who have Covid. 

And your comment is randomly unrelated to the post of mine you’ve quoted.

So, if Alf has worked out his £420k on the basis of 700 a week ( why they travel is irrelevant ) and three tests each Thats £50 per test.  That is exactly what they said it was, £50 cost price, in September/October

Edited to correct error between 700 per month and week

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John Wright said:

We’ve had 700 a month, or more, since June. The 99% or 99.5% isn’t of the 700 travellers it’s 99% or 99.5% of travellers who have Covid. 

But, if Alf has worked out his £420k on the basis of 700 a month ( why they travel is irrelevant ) and three tests each Thats £200 per test. Strange that they said it was £50 cost price in September/October

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/covering-travellers-covid-tests-would-cost-govt-420k-a-month/

3rd para...700 a week.

I see they’ve delivered another tray of pfizer this week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. They’ve now announced they’ll continue vaccinating tomorrow. Not clear if that’s another tray of pfizer at Ward 20, meaning Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or just at care homes with AZ

15 minutes ago, John Wright said:

We’ve had 700 a month, or more, since June. The 99% or 99.5% isn’t of the 700 travellers it’s 99% or 99.5% of travellers who have Covid. 

But, if Alf has worked out his £420k on the basis of 700 a month ( why they travel is irrelevant ) and three tests each Thats £200 per test. Strange that they said it was £50 cost price in September/October

I am sure they always said the 50 was heavily subsidised by government and so not the cost price?

16 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Pretty sure he said on the MR clip that the cost was £50 per test, so £150 per traveller which works out at £105,00, or have I failed O level maths, again?

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Pretty sure he said on the MR clip that the cost was £50 per test, so £150 per traveller which works out at £105,00, or have I failed O level maths, again?

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Perhaps the figure is actually the cost per month = £420,000.

Yep, that's exactly what he said. 

I can’t add up. It’s 2800 per month/700 per week @ £50 per test x 3 tests = £420k

26 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I quoted Albert tatlock's post

30 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It's a bit confused now.

However yes you are correct. However when the 700 were returning on other months, the rate of infection in the UK was significantly lower. In December it was very high, thus significantly increasing the risk of infection spreading here. Which turned out to be fact because the risk was realised. 

2 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

I am sure they always said the 50 was heavily subsidised by government and so not the cost price?

That is correct and my understanding. Even at £50 we are picking up most of the tab which you could argue is outrageous. 

However you could also argue that the government is imposing something on me, so why should I pay anything at all

Edited by Happier diner
Typo
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Was he not talking about the future? Like, 'if we relax the borders and continue to test, it could cost £420000 a month'? I didn't listen, but thats how I'd read that.

I think that is what he meant isn't it. Once the lockdown here is over, and assuming they then start relaxing the border controls, they are expecting the number of people going over to and then returning from the UK to go back up again. They are probably right about that. 600-700 a week wouldn't be that surprising if residents were allowed to come and go without restriction - especially if the government is paying for the tests.

53 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That is correct and my understanding. Even at £50 we Re lic,ing up most of the tab which you could argue is outrageous. 

However you could also argue that the government is imposing something on me, so why should I pay anything at all

No always said test cost was £50 when day 7 testing was introduced

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Was he not talking about the future? Like, 'if we relax the borders and continue to test, it could cost £420000 a month'? I didn't listen, but thats how I'd read that.

How much would those people spend while here?

Everyone i know who wants to come would be staying a month minimum and contribute far more than the cost of three tests to the economy 

• Haha 1