Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

I received an email from a relative in the UK re their vaccination experience:

We had our Covid Pfyzer vaccines yesterday. It was extremely well organised with each recipient receiving their jab dead on their appointment time. A large digital clock was used to ensure accurate timing. It took place in a large sports hall at Oxford Park, Stockport Road, Ashton. We sat on chairs placed 2 metres apart and nurses came round and vaccinated us. 

As you can imagine there were dozens of cars arriving and leaving the site but there were people efficiently supervising the parking. All in all it was a good experience and a credit to the Tameside and NHS staff involved.

So, why do we have to construct special areas???
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Happier diner said:

The guy didn't sound that sure. Hope someone checked he was in the right place at the right time and date. We can all get it wrong. Best check before we all start going ape'

If its true (sounds like it is) then yes. Shambles and embarrassing 

This one has gone quiet. Ashford seemed very confident there was no error. Has the fella

1. Taken it further or

2. Apologised?

2 hours ago, Hillside said:

What is the process used to trigger the invitation? My GP has my personal  data e.g. date of birth, medical history etc. and contact details including mobile number, can 111 access that information?

As I understand it, the data is all held centrally and invites are sent out when it’s your turn. We decided to vaccinate anyone working in a health or care setting with many not frontline as first group, over 80s second, then over75s etc.

when you get letter you ring 111 who don’t seem to have any data other than name & DOB, my mum had to confirm name/dob and tell them where she lived eg port Erin, Douglas etc and they then send out appointments letters telling you where & when and you don’t get any choice.

Just seen a video from a dr's surgery in Sheffield where they are doing up to 700 a day in a tent in the car park !

They have had to slow down to wait for vaccine.

I fully accept the wait here is probably not an issue if we remain largely uninfected but WTF are we building stuff for ? particularly the airport where I presume it will have to be removed when and if we get up to speed again ?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Banker said:

Double page spread in courier today on vaccinations programme.

Strange how it says priority group 1 was care home residents and carers, priority 2 was over 80s and Frontline health but IOM actually vaccinated all health workers before anyone!!

They didn't have the Oxford vaccine to start with which is what they will be taking out to care homes I imagine. Health care workers could easily get to the hospital for the Pfizer one.

2 minutes ago, Southernman said:

They didn't have the Oxford vaccine to start with which is what they will be taking out to care homes I imagine. Health care workers could easily get to the hospital for the Pfizer one.

Lots of over 80s could have gone to hospital as well but were put behind all health care workers which is not acceptable 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Southernman said:

Vaccinating the care home residents with the Pfizer vaccine doesn't seem to have been a problem for Scotland, if the right procedures are followed.  As ever the ease and convenience of the DHSC seems to be more important than the welfare of the patients.

• Like 1

Here’s Ashie response to Julie Edge’s question on how many over 80s had vaccinations 

0 over 80s received vaccine from the first tray. It was Health and Care frontline workers who were working in COVID higher risk areas and those frontline staff who are medically vulnerable according to the DHSC risk assessment.
As of 20/01/2021, the numbers who have received the vaccine are as follows:
Priority 1 which are Care home staff and residents –  1020
Priority 2 which are Front line DHSC and anyone over 80 –
 2227 DHSC
 115 over 80’s
It is important to note these figures are live data and therefore just a snapshot in time.

We know few care residents had any vaccinations until last week and it was probably 2/300 by 20/01 so basically 3000 care staff supposedly frontline!! Plus 115  over 80s & 2/300 care home residents. This should be getting more media attention as to who in health has had it 

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Here’s Ashie response to Julie Edge’s question on how many over 80s had vaccinations 

0 over 80s received vaccine from the first tray. It was Health and Care frontline workers who were working in COVID higher risk areas and those frontline staff who are medically vulnerable according to the DHSC risk assessment.
As of 20/01/2021, the numbers who have received the vaccine are as follows:
Priority 1 which are Care home staff and residents –  1020
Priority 2 which are Front line DHSC and anyone over 80 –
 2227 DHSC
 115 over 80’s
It is important to note these figures are live data and therefore just a snapshot in time.

We know few care residents had any vaccinations until last week and it was probably 2/300 by 20/01 so basically 3000 care staff supposedly frontline!! Plus 115  over 80s & 2/300 care home residents. This should be getting more media attention as to who in health has had it 

I would hope all doctors, nurses, HCAs, porters, domestics, even admin staff in hospitals, care homes and clinics were all given priority. If they are all healthy, they can look after us all. If they all fall ill, we ( esp. the old codgers) can’t look after them .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I would hope all doctors, nurses, HCAs, porters, domestics, even admin staff in hospitals, care homes and clinics were all given priority. If they are all healthy, they can look after us all. If they all fall ill, we ( esp. the old codgers) can’t look after them .

They were given priority but the point is from JCVI & IOM Government published priority lists they shouldn’t have been! Bit telling when 115 over 80s done in first 3 weeks as compared to 3000+ health workers 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1