Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

23 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I would hope all doctors, nurses, HCAs, porters, domestics, even admin staff in hospitals, care homes and clinics were all given priority. If they are all healthy, they can look after us all. If they all fall ill, we ( esp. the old codgers) can’t look after them .

And the building maintenance crew, the sparks, plumbers, joiners, et al, who can be at 5 or 6 buildings in the course of the working day. 

• Like 1

Just now, quilp said:

And the building maintenance crew, the sparks, plumbers, joiners, et al, who can be at 5 or 6 buildings in the course of the working day. 

Total agree. I couldn’t name all groups but I should have added an “ etc,”

Sorry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

I would hope all doctors, nurses, HCAs, porters, domestics, even admin staff in hospitals, care homes and clinics were all given priority. If they are all healthy, they can look after us all. If they all fall ill, we ( esp. the old codgers) can’t look after them .

Yes, this is true. But the other side of the coin is that when working they are all in a group that should have access to an unlimited supply of high-quality protective gear - and have been instructed how to use it. Even if they have received a vaccination, I assume they are all still required to wear it.

(Unlike me, who was initially using my ebay-cheap face masks inside out.)

The other other side of the coin is that when they are off duty in the supermarket they are as vulnerable as everyone else.

Maybe there is a fourth side to the coin.

6 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Yes, this is true. But the other side of the coin is that when working they are all in a group that should have access to an unlimited supply of high-quality protective gear - and have been instructed how to use it. Even if they have received a vaccination, I assume they are all still required to wear it.

(Unlike me, who was initially using my ebay-cheap face masks inside out.)

The other other side of the coin is that when they are off duty in the supermarket they are as vulnerable as everyone else.

Maybe there is a fourth side to the coin.

Some wear “ the gear” for so long they get blisters on their face after 13 hours without being able to remove it.  You should try it before judging.

5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Some wear “ the gear” for so long they get blisters on their face after 13 hours without being able to remove it.  You should try it before judging.

Not the office administration staff who’ve also been vaccinated don’t, but as a fully paid up government toady you don’t care!

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

Not the office administration staff who’ve also been vaccinated don’t, but as a fully paid up government toady you don’t care!

Never said office staff had to wear masks, goggles or anything else. Nursing staff do and when working 13 shifts  have the  scars to show it.

Admin staff do have contact though with frontline staff.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Never said office staff had to wear masks, goggles or anything else. Nursing staff do and when working 13 shifts  have the  scars to show it.

Admin staff do have contact though with frontline staff.

You’ll have to excuse me leaving this here before I say what I want to about your ignorance. Early doors before I upset the snowflakes.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, quilp said:

Have you got a link to the office administration staff being vaccinated?

Thanks. 

Do you think there’s 3200 frontline staff ? I know several office staff from charities vaccinated and a number of others have said similar. In any case, other than care home staff why were any health workers vaccinated before over 80s , it’s not right 

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Do you think there’s 3200 frontline staff ? I know several office staff from charities vaccinated and a number of others have said similar. In any case, other than care home staff why were any health workers vaccinated before over 80s , it’s not right 

Same old CS behaviour

Jabs for the boys!:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Banker said:

The DHSC employs about 3,500 people. The majority, but not all, of those are frontline, but the figure for frontline care workers would also include private care homes, private providers of community care in peoples homes, private dentists, community pharmacists etc which are not included in that 3,500, so a total of 3,200 frontline care staff may not be far off the mark.

Whether you feel that they should be vaccinated ahead of over 80's is another matter. I know several people over 80 who say that it is correct that care workers get vaccinated first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newbie said:

The DHSC employs about 3,500 people. The majority, but not all, of those are frontline, but the figure for frontline care workers would also include private care homes, private providers of community care in peoples homes, private dentists, community pharmacists etc which are not included in that 3,500, so a total of 3,200 frontline care staff may not be far off the mark.

Whether you feel that they should be vaccinated ahead of over 80's is another matter. I know several people over 80 who say that it is correct that care workers get vaccinated first.

Well I think we should have stuck to laid down programme for priority which means a lot more over 80s should have been vaccinated, most aren’t getting done until mid February.

Most jurisdictions are well ahead with vaccinations for over 80s, Jersey starting home visits today, with c70% over 80s done.

https://www.channel103.com/news/jersey-news/over-80s-home-visit-vaccines-start/