Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

In a Manx Radio audio clip today Ashford says that the airport was specifically chosen because it has enough space for people to queue, without having to wait outside. Hmmm.

If there was a snowstorm or heavy rain today, the old fogeys would be dropping like flies. And did they provide folding chairs for the oldies to sit on like in some of the UK centres, or would that be an unreasonable cost.

Cough "villa marina" cough.

Loads of space to queue inside if needed

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Loads of people have suggested the Villa Marina. Still it involves common sense!

Yep. I think it was Declan who first mooted the point on this thread. I go past Chester Street and see all the work that has gone on there. I realise that Villa may well be in use ... .. next week? Then maybe rescheduled Guild? but it does seem a suitable location for the Douglas butties.

Anyway, whatever, it is unfortunate indeed if people have to queue outside at the Airport after all the money that has been spent.  At least they'll have 10 minutes max in a cubicle with polished marble floors, nice skirting board and smelling of fresh magnolia and white.

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes. Shame there is nowhere to park. 

Are you being serious?

There is a carpark out the back.  Chester Street is minutes away.  The whole prom is out the front.  They have had months to fence an area off and tarmac it.

Wouldn't take a genius to manage the traffic in such a way that people wouldn't have to walk far.  You can pull right up to the back doors where the bar is, drop someone off, then be marshalled round past the back of the Sefton to be waiting outside the front entrance when they are done.

Anyone who can just walks from Chester street

9 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Are you being serious?

There is a carpark out the back.  Chester Street is minutes away.  The whole prom is out the front.  They have had months to fence an area off and tarmac it.

Wouldn't take a genius to manage the traffic in such a way that people wouldn't have to walk far.  You can pull right up to the back doors where the bar is, drop someone off, then be marshalled round past the back of the Sefton to be waiting outside the front entrance when they are done.

Anyone who can just walks from Chester street

Anyway its too late now. Shoprite is fitted out so no point whinging on about it anymore. Its not gonna change now

PS Agree with comments about Villa but given up

• Like 4

I really hope there is an enquiry into who thought up the situation regarding vaccine delivery and why, it is inefficient ,overblown, inconvenient for a lot of elderly people. There are many examples of how the UK has thought outside the box at much less cost and at much greater efficiency ! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, asitis said:

I really hope there is an enquiry into who thought up the situation regarding vaccine delivery and why, it is inefficient ,overblown, inconvenient for a lot of elderly people. There are many examples of how the UK has thought outside the box at much less cost and at much greater efficiency ! 

Agreed

Lord knows how many governemnf owned buildings were fit for purpose with hardly any work required, and here we are with one hub online at the end of January, one still being built, and one which as far as I know they haven't even confirmed a location for yet.

Absolute shambles.  I can only assume the decision have been made by Swales flooring, Dave the chippy, Bob the plasterer, Doris the spark (no sexism in our government) and Pierre the interior designer.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes. Shame there is nowhere to park. 

The grassed area could have matting put down a la IoM Food Festival, Bushy's Tent etc tec

27 minutes ago, asitis said:

I hope this isn't being overly churlish:

1345454696_120kchewinggummachine01.jpg.1b7413211f10316586962c61cc5b72d5.jpg

Edited by Barlow
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Barlow said:

The grassed area could have matting put down a la IoM Food Festival, Bushy's Tent etc tec

Don't apologise for being overly churlish where chewing gum removal machines are concerned. It's only natural to feel like that where the MBE is concerned. 

17 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Just for very rough comparison.....

Screenshot_20210128-165726_eBay.jpg

11 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Don't apologise for being overly churlish where chewing gum removal machines are concerned. It's only natural to feel like that where the MBE is concerned. 

They dont even use it now as they jet wash the chewing gum off now . That was a good buy !! 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Yes but does it have go-faster-stripes on it?

The suppliers of the £120k model certainly did.....

On the subject of the purchasers, I see they've announced a 1.6% Rates hike now too.