Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

How about this for the North..... Hire two marquees, make one a drive through, and the other desks and free standing partitions positioned at Jurby on the N / S runway, cars in one gate and out the other, bus service drops off very close anyway, could be made to go in and drop off, maybe a few portable loos, you're in business, for gods sake they are doing this in Dr's car parks in the UK. Even lay on special buses we must have some laying around doing off all !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, snowman said:

Imagine a grassed area with matting with a bunch of pensioners on it / turning into a mud bath...great idea in Feb, March, April 

I'm surprised that this wasn't tried. Those concerned in 'organising' the vaccine roll out seem daft enough!

39 minutes ago, asitis said:

How about this for the North..... Hire two marquees, make one a drive through, and the other desks and free standing partitions positioned at Jurby on the N / S runway, cars in one gate and out the other, bus service drops off very close anyway, could be made to go in and drop off, maybe a few portable loos, you're in business, for gods sake they are doing this in Dr's car parks in the UK. Even lay on special buses we must have some laying around doing off all !

Totally agree. Time to actually start thinking outside of the box! The current arrangements are diabolical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

Are you being serious?

There is a carpark out the back.  Chester Street is minutes away.  The whole prom is out the front.  They have had months to fence an area off and tarmac it.

Wouldn't take a genius to manage the traffic in such a way that people wouldn't have to walk far.  You can pull right up to the back doors where the bar is, drop someone off, then be marshalled round past the back of the Sefton to be waiting outside the front entrance when they are done.

Anyone who can just walks from Chester street

Chester street! Hmmm. Imagine if they fitted out the old Shoprite? Lifts, indoor parking. Now that would be good wouldn't it? 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, dreamon said:

Time to actually start thinking outside of the box!

I do not believe people like Ashford are capable of any reasonable thought. There are a couple of gov. media quotes today telling people to turn up not earlier that 10 minutes before schedule.

A maximum of ten minutes is a ridiculously short period of time, considering the circumstances. Even at my age, just the time taken to walk from the far car park to the terminal would be a significant factor within a ten minute time-scale. The people being vaccinated now are old. They move very slowly. They know they are vulnerable to covid. They are all probably desperate to make sure they get the vaccination. Some will be worried that if they turn up late they will not get the jab.

It is outrageous they are being treated like this.

Of the several thousand gov. workers who have been already vaccinated, how many have been treated in this way? How many of them had to stand outside in the rain while waiting? Well, my guess is - completely, totally,  bugger all.

[That is not a criticism of the people who have received the vaccination, it is a comment on the incompetence and insensitivity of the people who organised this - whoever they are]

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

60m Novavax on the way...

EDIT to add:

If approved, the vaccine would start to be rolled out in the second half of 2021. The UK has already ordered 60 million doses, which are going to be manufactured in Stockton-on-Tees.

Edited by snowman

17 minutes ago, snowman said:

60m Novavax on the way...

Indeed. 89% efficacy against the 'original' Covid and 'Kent' variant, 60% against the South African. Like Pfizer they are already formulating a booster to address the SA variant.

https://ir.novavax.com/news-releases/news-release-details/novavax-covid-19-vaccine-demonstrates-893-efficacy-uk-phase-3

• Like 1

Information from Israel who have most vaccinations that one dose works 

On the longer UK gap between first and second Pfizer jabs, Mr Leshem said there is "some preliminary evidence" one dose is "good enough to prevent severe disease at least for several weeks or several months" so it "makes sense to offer higher coverage".

1 hour ago, Banker said:

On the longer UK gap between first and second Pfizer jabs, Mr Leshem said there is "some preliminary evidence" one dose is "good enough to prevent severe disease at least for several weeks or several months" so it "makes sense to offer higher coverage".

The more I hear about changes to the published routines for giving these vaccines the more I think this information should have been part of the approval process.

It feels more and more like one massive global trial for the most effective vaccine and we are the test subjects. I can sense  the researchers in their lab white coats and clip boards waiting to collect and collate all the results.

Might wait a bit for my jab then. Not for safety reasons, but perhaps to reduce the number of jabs needed. 

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The Grandstand & car park behind was (is) the perfect location for the 'temporary' testing / vaccination hub.

Do we know yet how much the Chester Street and Airport refurbishment is costing?

I'll tell you shall I  - a fucking shed load. 

Interesting that They only started on airport hub on 23/12 as quoted by Ashie ie just after first load of vaccine arrived, why wasn’t it started back in November at latest ?

• Thanks 1