Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Interesting that They only started on airport hub on 23/12 as quoted by Ashie ie just after first load of vaccine arrived, why wasn’t it started back in November at latest ?

Maybe they thought they'd just keep the Island cut off forever and there wouldn't be the need for a vaccination hub.

You know, let the virus die off like. Nothing would surprise me & I'm being serious.

• Sad 1

I am still unclear as to why we need 5* vaccination facilities, the testing facility is a tent, and why we are so different to the UK.  OK, so they have a real problem in infection, but wouldn't that indicate that they need the 5* facilities in terms of viral containment and hygiene rather than us?  I just don't get it. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I am still unclear as to why we need 5* vaccination facilities, the testing facility is a tent, and why we are so different to the UK.  OK, so they have a real problem in infection, but wouldn't that indicate that they need the 5* facilities in terms of viral containment and hygiene rather than us?  I just don't get it. 

Agreed but the UK aren't doing that they are using tents, churches, mosques anywhere they can get people quickly and easily to ! The sight of a long queue of elderly people in the rain in January outside the airport terminal is worthy of resignations imo ! dress it up how you like they have known the vaccine is on its way since late autumn and we are still pissing about with places to administer it !

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That's the point I was making in a way the CoMin sycophants don't understand or choose not to.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I am with you on that Glady, absolutely bonkers mind you Ashie was probably hoodwinked into spending vast amounts of taxpayers hard earned cash by someone at the DOI (gold standard no doubt) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Beelzebub3 said:

I am with you on that Glady, absolutely bonkers mind you Ashie was probably hoodwinked into spending vast amounts of taxpayers hard earned cash by someone at the DOI (gold standard no doubt) 

Portable screens are used in hospitals for a multitude of procedures requiring more privacy than an injection. Its not as though you are having a shit or a bed bath.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Does anyone know if a record of having received the jab is shown in the immunisations section on Patient Access?. Hopefully it is so we can offer proof of vaccination to those who require it.

Why dont people just get a signed letter given to them at the time of the vaccination?

Surely its easier than any other method retrospectively ?  Not everyone will have online aceess to Patient Access and requests to GP's to provide confirmation will only cause delay as soon as everyone want to begin travelling (probably all at the same time)

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Because the purpose of the DoI is to spend money.  Any provision of facilities for the public, or even the rest of government, is purely incidental.  Once you understand this everything else makes sense.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, snowman said:

Why dont people just get a signed letter given to them at the time of the vaccination?

Surely its easier than any other method retrospectively ?  Not everyone will have online aceess to Patient Access and requests to GP's to provide confirmation will only cause delay as soon as everyone want to begin travelling (probably all at the same time)

I totally agree - however - for those of us that do have patient access there is a facility which allows you to share whatever element of your medical record you so choose with a third party. This is almost certainly going to be required by certain travel providers and will be a lot less faff than sending the copy of a letter.

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Because the purpose of the DoI is to spend money.  Any provision of facilities for the public, or even the rest of government, is purely incidental.  Once you understand this everything else makes sense.

There was a time many moons ago that I had a brief but enlightening foray into the world of the civil service.

It was my understanding then (though times might have hopefully changed) that each Department were allocated their budgets annually and the respective Chief Execs in conjunction with their minions would decide where those monies were best spent. Toward the end of the year there would be a mad panic to spend any surplus that hadn't been used on literally anything they saw fit as a lack of spend would mean a reduction in their Dept. budget the following year.

All sorts of crackers and crazy decisions were taken in those last three months of the financial year. Oh how I laughed (cringed) at the time as a young man.

I'm sure it's all very different now.  

11 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I totally agree - however - for those of us that do have patient access there is a facility which allows you to share whatever element of your medical record you so choose with a third party. This is almost certainly going to be required by certain travel providers and will be a lot less faff than sending the copy of a letter.

The problem with Patient Access is your shared record will be available for 24 hours via a unique link and secured using an access code.

So if you want to share information with an airline or specifically at a border check its not really practical. 

Much easier to have a piece of paper that can either be uploaded to an airline website or waved at the appropriate people during travel.

That said, you can generate a PDF of the immunisation record but it's not signed and doesnt have any reference of who the gp is.  It simply shows your name, DOB and NHS number, and vaccination  dates.  Doesnt look very official

Edited by snowman