Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

Good article on why older people are being vaccinated first, basically the risk of dying if under 60 is minimal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2021/jan/30/older-groups-must-remain-top-priority-for-vaccines-warn-government-advisers

This is good evidence based argument which any sensible person reading will say “yep, that makes sense” but the problem is sue from the super mums group won’t have any of that evidence fact based thinking as she knows better.

it is sad in society that we have completely devalued thought and fact in favor of me, me, me....

im personally sick to the back teeth of seeing people actually moaning about going back to work tomorrow because they have had a few weeks off....I must be doing it all wrong as I have been as busy as ever working from home together with two children.   It will be those people even though they were told “stay local” that live on Douglas and feel it necessary to go for a walk in port Erin..

9 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

It will be those people even though they were told “stay local” that live on Douglas and feel it necessary to go for a walk in port Erin..

Pretty sure that after the Police advertised and approved a woman dressed in a dinosaur suit travelling island wide to dance, someone going for a regular walk someplace is more than fine? Or is this another example of double standards? 

11 minutes ago, manxst said:

Pretty sure that after the Police advertised and approved a woman dressed in a dinosaur suit travelling island wide to dance, someone going for a regular walk someplace is more than fine? Or is this another example of double standards? 

Think you hit the nail on the head there with double standards

its like yesterday we are still required to wear face coverings but as we were out for our walk around the block the amount of people who just didn’t even bother to even attempt to have a face covering was exceptional...it’s just courtesy until 00.01 tonight it really annoys me 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

its like yesterday we are still required to wear face coverings but as we were out for our walk around the block the amount of people who just didn’t even bother to even attempt to have a face covering was exceptional...it’s just courtesy until 00.01 tonight it really annoys me 

We're not required to wear face coverings and never have been.

Besides, it's far more effective if you simply go nowhere near those people.

Edited by TerryFuchwit

15 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I understand your point, and still get irritated when I see people wearing a mask under their nose especially around Tesco; either wear it properly or don't bother and get asked to leave.

But, let's not allow courtesy to affect decisions on health control which should be based on solid data not manners.  Why is it mannerly to wear a mask at 24.00 tonight, but not one minute after?  If the virus is about will it understand that it is time to give up infecting? We have then added another dimension over what we are medically advised to do with personal sensibilities. The fact is that we are still strongly advised to wear masks in public  settings until 24.01 tonight, and that is it.

I do understand your point, but just worry that under the guise of courtesy, we are accepting a mission creep providing a fertile ground for the Karen's to start abusing people who don't conform to certain standards that they have decided are their minimum standards.  You can just imagine the FB campaign that if you don't continue to wear a mask in public you are the devil incarnate and socially irresponsible. 

The courtesy I will continue to observe is the traditional courtesy of not getting into someone else's personal space and, if required to whilst on private premises like shops, will continue to wear a mask, but don't expect to see me wearing one as I walk down the street  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

We're not required to wear face coverings and never have been.

Besides, it's far more effective if you simply go nowhere near those people.

We are not required but it common courtesy.  I wonder if there is a correlation between another group of people 

when out walking your dog convention states that if you see someone with a dog on a leash out of courtesy you should get your dog under control or put it onto a leash, i suspect these same people are the ones who don’t out of courtesy for other people to wear a face covering walking past someone for 5 seconds.....does it really inconvenient these people so much 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

We are not required but it common courtesy.  I wonder if there is a correlation between another group of people 

when out walking your dog convention states that if you see someone with a dog on a leash out of courtesy you should get your dog under control or put it onto a leash, i suspect these same people are the ones who don’t out of courtesy for other people to wear a face covering walking past someone for 5 seconds.....does it really inconvenient these people so much 

That seems overly controlling to me.

I'm not sure midnight tonight is massively relevant here.  In reality you going for a walk today and tomorrow are no different.  Do you think people will be rude if they don't wear a face covering tomorrow ?

Culturaly, many Asians wear face coverings when out.  Regardless of any pandemic situation.   I guess a percentage of the UK or IOM for example may want to wear masks as a daily part of life.  Im not sure that makes other people rude or selfish if they don't wear a mask.

I’ve not been wearing a mask while outside - don’t think there’s any evidence of benefit either for me or anyone I walk by.  In shops I’ve followed the rules but outside I think the risk is higher if I wear one - I can’t see as glasses steam up and I’m far more likely to get run over than I am to catch or spread covid. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

You also see people wearing facemasks out walking when they are miles from anyone