Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

20 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I’ve not been wearing a mask while outside - don’t think there’s any evidence of benefit either for me or anyone I walk by.  In shops I’ve followed the rules but outside I think the risk is higher if I wear one - I can’t see as glasses steam up and I’m far more likely to get run over than I am to catch or spread covid. 

How do you stop your specs steaming up in the operating theatre?  I have to wear reading glasses and spend most of the time in Tesco either fogged up or looking like a t*at by holding my specs away from my face while I read the print on stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

How do you stop your specs steaming up in the operating theatre?  I have to wear reading glasses and spend most of the time in Tesco either fogged up or looking like a t*at by holding my specs away from my face while I read the print on stuff. 

It’s warmer, we have laminar air-flow, and the masks are better able to form a tighter seal over the nose.  It still happens a bit though at the start until it clears. 

• Thanks 1

There used to be some really good anti-fog coating called Repcon which I think was made in USA.

Manx used to put it on the aircraft windscreens and I remember it working really well on glasses. 

Given that we are going back a long time, I'm not sure if it's still available but might be worth a try if you have to wear a mask and glasses.

• Thanks 1

I don't get the anti face mask stuff. We have been VERY VERY LUCKY. Nothing to do with us being well behaved etc, WE GOT LUCKY again.

When the virus gets over here again, and it will, if we are not so lucky it could go through the island like a dose of salts - See Guernsey for details. No masks or social distancing would be the cause of that, why are we taking that risk? 

FFS, wearing a mask is not a big hardship and staying at least 2m from people is pretty normal in my book, unless I am fuc*ing them 2m is close enough.

This is not going away, ever, mask wearing will have to be the norm IMHO 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

I don't get the anti face mask stuff. We have been VERY VERY LUCKY. Nothing to do with us being well behaved etc, WE GOT LUCKY again.

When the virus gets over here again, and it will, if we are not so lucky it could go through the island like a dose of salts - See Guernsey for details. No masks or social distancing would be the cause of that, why are we taking that risk? 

FFS, wearing a mask is not a big hardship and staying at least 2m from people is pretty normal in my book, unless I am fuc*ing them 2m is close enough.

This is not going away, ever, mask wearing will have to be the norm IMHO 

I doubt that.

At some point Covid will cease to be reported on.  It'll simply be another thing old people need to worry about as they get older and more frail/vulnerable.

It'll probably be by the summer this year.  Once the majority of people are vaccinated then countries will need to return to a level of normality.

People can and have always been able to wear face masks if they want to.  In Asia it's quite common place.  Perhaps it'll become more common place here for certain demographics of society.

3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I doubt that.

At some point Covid will cease to be reported on.  It'll simply be another thing old people need to worry about as they get older and more frail/vulnerable.

It'll probably be by the summer this year.  Once the majority of people are vaccinated then countries will need to return to a level of normality.

People can and have always been able to wear face masks if they want to.  In Asia it's quite common place.  Perhaps it'll become more common place here for certain demographics of society.

In Asia they don't wear masks to protect themselves, they wear them because its good manners not to infect others. That is what I am getting at. We should change our Me Me Me mindset and wear them for the same reason.

ETA Especially on the island because the air quality is that bad here the gov wont release the figures, think about that.

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

That's the point. People ignore a lot of what is written. 

And "should" is often interpreted as "must".

Sorry, I thought you were interpreting "should" as an imperative.  Again, the language is often open to (mis)interpretation.