Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

5 hours ago, monasqueen said:

To help out even further, schools could be asked to include the Use of English in their curriculum, if they don't already. 

Trouble is, a lot of the teachers would need teaching first. (I have known a few teachers whose grammar and spelling are poor, and they would suggest that they do not need such skills for teaching, say, maths).

Do not get me started. 

12 minutes ago, asitis said:

Thats 600k more than we did today then ! I think Ashie is using that old story, the Tortoise and the Tortoise !!!!

I think you’ll find they were open at the airport yesterday and today and they did 400 each day. Equivalent to 520.000 a day  in UK terms.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I think you’ll find they were open at the airport yesterday and today and they did 400 each day. Equivalent to 520.000 a day  in UK terms.

Mrs Q has her first jab at the airport today, ahead of a scheduled brain-op at Walton. The appointment was for 12.20. We arrived at 12.10, I parked up in the free car park, loads of spaces, stewards directing cars to the empty lots, she went over and was actually out at 12.20. No queue, no 15 minutes observation and she was impressed, said the whole episode, not just for her, was seamless and very professional. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Banker said:

I think Tony Blair could be right on travel pass & hope he’s right on no transmission once vaccinated 

A 'common travel pass' is 'going to be inevitable' for international travel

Asked about travel restrictions in order to prevent the import of new COVID variants, Mr Blair suggests a "common travel pass" is "going to be inevitable".

"The only way you are going to be able to get people travelling again is if they are able to prove either vaccination or testing status and do it by means that are verifiable," he adds.

He says that "evidence is building and growing" that vaccination can prevent someone transmitting the virus, as well as protecting themselves from serious disease.

So, the same bloke whom in the same interview was defending the EU for the idea of blocking Pfizer deliveries to the UK, and defended (although reluctantly) the invocation of article 16, creating a border between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

The man is a fantasist at best. 

How can you have any sort of travel pass for what is effectively a moving target, that most of the world will never be effectively inoculated for? A travel pass is lunacy at its best. 

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, quilp said:

Mrs Q has her first jab at the airport today, ahead of a scheduled brain-op at Walton. The appointment was for 12.20. We arrived at 12.10, I parked up in the free car park, loads of spaces, stewards directing cars to the empty lots, she went over and was actually out at 12.20. No queue, no 15 minutes observation and she was impressed, said the whole episode, not just for her, was seamless and very professional. 

Really?  Apparently it's all a massive wastr.of money according to some.

8 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Really?  Apparently it's all a massive wastr.of money according to some.

It is, it seems commendable the way it is working, but that does not detract from the fact it could have been done much cheaper and much quicker by using re useable equipment. It has cost 140k I understand so far, there will be expenses to remove it and return the airport to normal eventually etc etc. So whilst I applaud the way it is working it could have been done for the 40K not 140. The sum of the wasted money on various matters on the island could go a long way towards solving some of the social ills the don't have members of society suffer !!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

It is, it seems commendable the way it is working, but that does not detract from the fact it could have been done much cheaper and much quicker by using re useable equipment. It has cost 140k I understand so far, there will be expenses to remove it and return the airport to normal eventually etc etc. So whilst I applaud the way it is working it could have been done for the 40K not 140. The sum of the wasted money on various matters on the island could go a long way towards solving some of the social ills the don't have members of society suffer !!

What experience do you have of mass vaccination of populations out of interest?

Before you mention it, please don't hold the UK up as some shining beacon in this exercise.  We've seen how poorly virtually everything in the uk has been done.

7 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

What experience do you have of mass vaccination of populations out of interest?

Before you mention it, please don't hold the UK up as some shining beacon in this exercise.  We've seen how poorly virtually everything in the uk has been done.

about the same as the Government ... none ! However I do have a lot of life experience of using common sense, of getting things done, and working to a budget with a list of priorities. Vaccinating the population means injecting everyones upper arm, not open heart surgery, so to achieve that, is all that is required ! I am anti UK too but they have had to think outside the box, so many places have been successfully pressed into service at little cost and great efficiency.

Certainly if I were asked to inject people in their upper arm, my first thought would not have been which building company can I spend 140k with !!

Edited by asitis
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, asitis said:

about the same as the Government ... none ! However I do have a lot of life experience of using common sense, of getting things done, and working to a budget with a list of priorities. Vaccinating the population means injecting everyones upper arm, not open heart surgery, so to achieve that, is all that is required ! I am anti UK too but they have had to think outside the box, so many places have been successfully pressed into service at little cost and great efficiency.

Certainly if I were asked to inject people in their upper arm, my first thought would not have been which building company can I spend 140k with !!

Oh dear. Never mind.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

What exactly are the U.K. doing wrong with their vaccination program?

They seem to be getting the job done rather well.

• Like 5