Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 minute ago, Apple said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/quayle-visits-airport-vaccination-hub/

HQ visiting the vaccination centre on Saturday. Didn't know they were doing it at weekends. Does anyone know how many they did?

Seems to be lots of senior nursing staff around to show him the way. Overtime? 

Had mine there this morning at 11. Very smooth operation and a continuous stream of patients. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nellie said:

The IOM is following exactly the same Groups as the UK, i.e. 75-80, followed by 70-74. They are simply several weeks ahead of us, so the UK has reached Groups we'll be doing around Easter.

Also, according to the DHSC 'Dashboard', there are no more first doses planned to be administered until 15th February. Looks like its all been going so well, that Ashie has given everyone a week off!

We must be the only place in the World to stall the vaccination programme, in this way.  

I would hazard a guess that the gap in first dose to 15th Feb is to allow (a) sorting of second doses (b) stocking for the increase in volume processing.  Chester Street coming on stream.  I assume Ramsey too at some point.  And we have the hospital? Could be doing  5000 plus a week.

33 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I would hazard a guess that the gap in first dose to 15th Feb is to allow (a) sorting of second doses (b) stocking for the increase in volume processing.  Chester Street coming on stream.  I assume Ramsey too at some point.  And we have the hospital? Could be doing  5000 plus a week.

There should be no stop in vaccinations as a lot held in stock, hopefully an error otherwise questions need asking 

26 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

They've done roughly 1100 second doses in each of the last two weeks, while also doing c2500 first doses, so the throttling down is nothing to do with having to give second doses. In the week ahead, they plan to do 1100 second doses between Monday and Wednesday, and then nothing else until the following Monday. I accept that, in the rather unique way we are tackling this, there may be some element of stockpiling ahead of a big push in the weeks ahead. If that is so, perhap we should told.

I'd also like to see some proper milestones stated and locked-in. All we have so far is Ashford telling us 'all over 50's will be done by May.' To give this some credibilty, it would be good to see exactly where they expect to be each week. At this moment, his promises have the same ring to them as Baker's dealines for the Promenade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anyone said:

Well , I’m turning it down so no jab for me. Many others I know are of the same view. Better to get Covid and get natural immunity than risk something little is know about.

We know that you’re less likely to die from being vaccinated for covid than from getting covid. So you and the others are wrong in your views. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Nellie said:

They've done roughly 1100 second doses in each of the last two weeks, while also doing c2500 first doses, so the throttling down is nothing to do with having to give second doses. In the week ahead, they plan to do 1100 second doses between Monday and Wednesday, and then nothing else until the following Monday. I accept that, in the rather unique way we are tackling this, there may be some element of stockpiling ahead of a big push in the weeks ahead. If that is so, perhap we should told.

I'd also like to see some proper milestones stated and locked-in. All we have so far is Ashford telling us 'all over 50's will be done by May.' To give this some credibilty, it would be good to see exactly where they expect to be each week. At this moment, his promises have the same ring to them as Baker's dealines for the Promenade.

They don't really.

It isn't up to the people running the logistics of vaccination volumes to constantly report every minute detail to pacify people with not a lot better to do than criticise.

It is clear that volumes are going to ramp up significantly over the next few weeks.  I'm not sure what there is to panic about. 

• Like 1