Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

55 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I'm going, if only to see the super refurb work and the smell of fresh paint:

Whoa!

What's with the yellow queue barriers?

I specifically thought we'd have the 'gold standard' Walnut veneered walls with hand-carved balinese wood handrails. This just looks cheap and half arsed. Not what I expect from the Isle of Man. Shame on you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The barriers are probably there to tone it down a bit. Although, other than some chairs and a table or two, they were all that were really needed. It would still be better than a cathedral. Not that there is anything wrong with a cathedral.

Costs for hubs over £200k according to gef FOI

Hub build estimated cost over £200,000

The total cost for the island’s vaccine hubs is not yet known, but the DHSC estimates they cost over £200,000. An FoI request from Gef asked for the total cost of building and opening the island’s vaccine hubs. In response, the DHSC said: ‘Unfortunately at this time the Department does not have complete or accurate final outturn costs for the creation of the three vaccine hubs and will not be in a position to provide this until the final invoices have been paid.

‘The current known expenditure for each of the sites, including items such as signage,

IT equipment, waste receptacles etc., is as follows:

• A) Newlands - £8,068.23

• B) The Airport - £81,886.64

• C) Chester Street - £36,803.78

‘The demobilisation costs for the Newlands site are unknown at this time as are the

final build costs for the Airport and Chester Street Hub. In order to provide help and

assistance the estimated build costs are as follows:

• A) Newlands - £2,500

• B) The Airport - £90,000

• C) Chester Street - £120,000

‘In order to cover the demobilisation and return to normal of the two major hub sites

an estimate has been made of £50,000 in demobilisation costs, with an additional

£2,500 for the return of Newlands to its pre-vaccination layout.’

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Costs for hubs over £200k according to gef FOI

Hub build estimated cost over £200,000

The total cost for the island’s vaccine hubs is not yet known, but the DHSC estimates they cost over £200,000. An FoI request from Gef asked for the total cost of building and opening the island’s vaccine hubs. In response, the DHSC said: ‘Unfortunately at this time the Department does not have complete or accurate final outturn costs for the creation of the three vaccine hubs and will not be in a position to provide this until the final invoices have been paid.

‘The current known expenditure for each of the sites, including items such as signage,

IT equipment, waste receptacles etc., is as follows:

• A) Newlands - £8,068.23

• B) The Airport - £81,886.64

• C) Chester Street - £36,803.78

‘The demobilisation costs for the Newlands site are unknown at this time as are the

final build costs for the Airport and Chester Street Hub. In order to provide help and

assistance the estimated build costs are as follows:

• A) Newlands - £2,500

‘In order to cover the demobilisation and return to normal of the two major hub sites

an estimate has been made of £50,000 in demobilisation costs, with an additional

£2,500 for the return of Newlands to its pre-vaccination layout.’

Christ on a bike!

Ninety Grand? That is scandalous.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

• A) Newlands - £2,500

Wow they’ve done the Chester street hub for the same cost as a chewing gum removal machine, that’s phenomenal.

I suppose it’s all relative though, Dandara can build a house for the same cost.

• Haha 1

Ashford was stating that all the labour and materials were sourced on-island though so I suppose the money has been recirculated within the local economy largely, although the materials would have ultimately been imported.

Now if we apply Eddie Teare's Multiplier System to the spend.....

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Kopek said:

If the Bus arrives early, will there be space inside to wait?

You could fit a a few dozen buses in the Chester Street hub.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Ashford was stating that all the labour and materials were sourced on-island though so I suppose the money has been recirculated within the local economy largely, although the materials would have ultimately been imported.

Now if we apply Eddie Teare's Multiplier System to the spend.....

We'll all be millionaires this time next year

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

the labour and materials were sourced on-island though so I suppose the money has been recirculated within the local economy largely

Far be it from me to take a cynical view, but I would rather look it from the realistic cost point of view - i.e. how many square meters of plasterboard do you get for £200,000.

On the subject of the cost of a tub of Dulux Extra Brilliant White, I think Mad Uncle Ronnie would know - but he doesn't seem to be around much any more.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Far be it from me to take a cynical view, but I would rather look it from the realistic cost point of view - i.e. how many square meters of plasterboard do you get for £200,000.

On the subject of the cost of a tub of Dulux Extra Brilliant White, I think Mad Uncle Ronnie would know - but he doesn't seem to be around much any more.

You've got the labour to consider though, all those chippies and sparks being booked out at £40+ per hour on 12hr days (somebody previously posted 7am - 7pm?). Maybe more with it being a Govt priority/panic job. It could have been "Name your price".

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit

I find it incomprehensible that the first thing that enters our politicos thoughts when vaccination is about to start is what to build and where ? Surely you start from, what do we have, what can we press into service, cost effective way of delivering the vaccine, lets get on with it, etc etc ! I could understand the preparation if it was delivered per rectum but FFS this is a an upper arm jab ! They really are incapable of understanding the value of taxpayers money across the whole of government, for that alone many of these should be removed at the ballot box come September !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1