Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

14 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

And Ashford just parrots it because he has neither the knowledge or the confidence to point out when something is clearly nonsense.

Ideal CM material.... 😂

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

May say? Are you just guessing again.

So the Uk are going to indemnify us against something going wrong for doing something wrong.....whilst doing something wrong themselves.

Dafter things have happened I suppose!

That is not what I said, and if you thought about it you would understand that it may be the reason we are sticking to the 3 week interval.  Yes, its only a guess, but a thoughtful one. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

May say? Are you just guessing again.

So the Uk are going to indemnify us against something going wrong for doing something wrong.....whilst doing something wrong themselves.

Dafter things have happened I suppose!

Uk government are imdemnifying themselves, so can do what they want. The 3/4 week time between the injections gives 90+% efficacy after just 5-6 weeks. 10-12 weeks does not. 

40 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Uk government are imdemnifying themselves, so can do what they want. The 3/4 week time between the injections gives 90+% efficacy after just 5-6 weeks. 10-12 weeks does not. 

I think you’ve missed the point. UK got both pfizer and AZ ( and the rest )earlier and cheaper than anywhere else.

They did that on a deal that agreed to hold the drug companies harmless, which they legislated. They also authorised them on an emergency accelerated approval, not a full one.

However the agreement between UK and vaccine companies wasn’t on behalf of the CD or BoT.

So anyone advising the drug companies would have said to UK “ if you move on to ‘colonies’ you must get our indemnity sorted- we don’t want being sued through the back door”

If I had been advising IoMG about the implications here I’d want to be sure the paper work was correct and that IoMG was off the hook, and that any claims would be met by UK HMG.

As for the dosage interval, clearly that was political in the UK, not supported by the science directly. That now appears to be changing. But it’s up to our IoMG medical advisers, and then whether CoMin accepts the advice.

Should be there ok for Greece if vaccinated!!

09:16

aeroplane.png?bypass-service-worker

A 'semi-normal summer'? Greece says talks under way with UK about holidays

Haris Theoharis, the Greek tourism minister, says he hopes "we can have a semi-normal summer" and confirms discussions are under way with UK government officials with the aim of letting travel restart later in the year.

"Technical discussions are under way to see if that's feasible," he tells BBC Radio 4's Today programme. 

"I'm very hopeful that we can reach some kind of solution."

Mr Theoharis confirms vaccine certificates are part of those discussions - and would negate the need for travellers to get a negative antigen test before they depart or then have any further tests once they arrive.

"Of course we cannot set things in stone yet, it's a dynamic situation," he cautions. 

"For the time being I would say things are not that worrisome, but things could change, I recognise that."

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I think you’ve missed the point. UK got both pfizer and AZ ( and the rest )earlier and cheaper than anywhere else.

They did that on a deal that agreed to hold the drug companies harmless, which they legislated. They also authorised them on an emergency accelerated approval, not a full one.

However the agreement between UK and vaccine companies wasn’t on behalf of the CD or BoT.

So anyone advising the drug companies would have said to UK “ if you move on to ‘colonies’ you must get our indemnity sorted- we don’t want being sued through the back door”

If I had been advising IoMG about the implications here I’d want to be sure the paper work was correct and that IoMG was off the hook, and that any claims would be met by UK HMG.

As for the dosage interval, clearly that was political in the UK, not supported by the science directly. That now appears to be changing. But it’s up to our IoMG medical advisers, and then whether CoMin accepts the advice.

Nice one John and an interesting bit of information.