Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

40 minutes ago, asitis said:

I wish they would report the number of residents who are innoculated, rather than the number of injections. 20,000 in fact means 13,600 individuals, composed of staff and the most vulnerable. I guess the reality doesn't spin as well as the jabs ! 

The figures are perfectly clear.  The data is easily understood.

It sounds like you're moaning for the sake of it.

36 minutes ago, asitis said:

I wish they would report the number of residents who are innoculated, rather than the number of injections. 20,000 in fact means 13,600 individuals, composed of staff and the most vulnerable. I guess the reality doesn't spin as well as the jabs ! 

The Covid dashboard gives all that info, and more, in ,almost, real time. It’s updated at least 6 times each day.

you can check by date or category. It’s not totally intuitive and a bit clunky. 

14,000 first injections and 7,000 second is pretty good.

Im getting bored by waiting for my letter. I’m assuming W surname puts me at end of queue for the clinically extremely vulnerable slots?

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYTAxY2NjMTktODBiYS00NDU4LTk4NDktNjZkN2UxZTMwMGI3IiwidCI6IjM5YzAwODM2LWVkMTItNDhkYS05Yjk3LTU5NGQ4MDhmMDNlNSIsImMiOjl9

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The Covid dashboard gives all that info, and more, in ,almost, real time. It’s updated at least 6 times each day.

you can check by date or category. It’s not totally intuitive and a bit clunky. 

14,000 first injections and 7,000 second is pretty good.

Im getting bored by waiting for my letter. I’m assuming W surname puts me at end of queue for the clinically extremely vulnerable slots?

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYTAxY2NjMTktODBiYS00NDU4LTk4NDktNjZkN2UxZTMwMGI3IiwidCI6IjM5YzAwODM2LWVkMTItNDhkYS05Yjk3LTU5NGQ4MDhmMDNlNSIsImMiOjl9

I'm amazed you haven't been vaccinated yet.

A girl that works with me has an appointment to be vaccinated and I wouldn't even consider her vulnerable.

14 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I'm amazed you haven't been vaccinated yet.

A girl that works with me has an appointment to be vaccinated and I wouldn't even consider her vulnerable.

Quite,I know a lad in his twenty's who had it more than week ago because diabetic.

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Nope to both.  The person I'm talking about is an L.

Ah well. I feel a conspiracy theory coming on.

Im relaxed on the basis that Covid isn’t circulating in the community.

Im starting to be anxious because I have a trip, booked this time last year, via Dublin and Rosslare to Bilbao and a business meeting in Sofia ( which can’t be done via AV ) coming up in April and May. I want both vaccinations before I travel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Ah well. I feel a conspiracy theory coming on.

But how do they 'grade' who is a 'vulnerable'? You can't simply say all who have 'X' disease are equally vulnerable as all patients are complex, and diseases have numerous stages. So surely Doctors would be required to grade vulnerability, say 1 to 10 (10 being very). Otherwise everyone classed as vulnerable will end up in the same vaccine raffle bucket?

11 hours ago, Cambon said:

That is amazing, as they never tested it for anywhere near 12 weeks. Personally, I am not anti Vax. However, they way this fiasco is starting to go, I want Pfizer and 21 days. Otherwise, I may not bother. 

I don't think its a test as such. I believe they are basing this on data being collected in the UK from actual cases.

24 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

But how do they 'grade' who is a 'vulnerable'? You can't simply say all who have 'X' disease are equally vulnerable as all patients are complex, and diseases have numerous stages. So surely Doctors would be required to grade vulnerability, say 1 to 10 (10 being very). Otherwise everyone classed as vulnerable will end up in the same vaccine raffle bucket?

There are a list of illnesses approved by JCVI for inclusion. I get the Extremely clinically vulnerable letters from Liverpool Royal, Clatterbridge and Nobles, repeatedly.

I think there is grading for asthma. Not sure about diabetes. Paul’s surgery had omitted him originally as he hasn’t seen them for 5 years and was discharged from the visiting consultant at the same time. But they fill his repeats for an essential drug every month for one of the categories on the vulnerable list.

No, it’s not perfect, or fool proof. And as a patient you have a duty to chase and follow up.