Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Can you provide a link to back up this statement 

Maybe he should have said:

"some countries have moved away from the policy of keeping enough stock for second doses as supplies are regular"

I think that would be a sensible policy for us and have done for some time.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

image.png

They could have stood out on the street and asked passers by if they were interested. Joking aside, with IDs proven and access to online medical records obviously available, that would be 15 that wouldn't need doing at a later date, irrespective of age and priority grouping. Red tape and bullshit getting in the way of common sense again.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, asitis said:

So "most wastage" infers wastage at other times, how hard did they try I could get you 15 people now who I know are concerned and vulnerable ! another omnishambles.

The full reply to Hooper's question is here.

The main problem is with the Pfizer vaccine (delivered at Chester Street) because doses from a vial once diluted only have a 'shelf-life' of 6 hours.  They appear to have run out of 'frontline' health and social care workers to give it to.  You'd think an informal list of vulnerable people who lived/worked nearly would be an idea.

Edited to add: They do seem to "have developed a protocol to have up to 10 persons per vaccination day, who have a vaccination booked, who are willing, at short notice to have their appointment brought forwards, should cancellations or DNA’s occur. This process is under trial now".  But you wonder why they didn't think of that before, especially since were so quick to set a list up for their own staff.

Edited by Roger Mexico

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

image.png

MBE. And a former Project Manager too, doncha know.

We've got @ 50,000 people yet to be vaccinated. We've spent £200,000 on vaccination hubs. And we're throwing medication out because we can't get people in? FFS.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I would have said yes to one and I can’t imagine that anyone else would have said no.

Perhaps some on the list could not arrange transport or support at short notice.

A good project manager would have taken this possibility into account and would have a second, third, fourth list made from vulnerable residents. 

This is yet another disappointment. 

Give them a shout if you think you can add something.  You've got 3 weeks to help out now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wordsworth said:

Can’t believe they are binning not used vaccines, I live 5 minutes from Chester st ,I’m also over 70 would have been more than willing to pop down for the jab by the way I’m still waiting for my appointment.

You'll have to wait until they've finished jabbing the tax office lot!

Have any of you booked a jab?

Archaic process....

20 minutes on the phone to respond to the letter inviting you to call.

Inform them of contact details. [You wrote the letter].

Add mobile and email [which isn't clear if they already hold].

Finally get told, we'll contact you with an appointment. 

Why not just give the appointment slot there and then....?

Or allow it to be booked online ?

Edited by snowman
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, snowman said:

Have any of you booked a jab?

20 minutes on the phone to respond to the letter inviting you to call.

Inform them of contact details. [You wrote the letter].

Add mobile and email [which isn't clear if they already hold].

Finally get told, we'll contact you with an appointment. 

Why not just give the appointment slot there and then....?

Why not have an online booking system like Jersey? If you can get most people to self-serve, it frees up huge capacity to deal with those who insist on phoning. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nellie said:

Why not have an online booking system like Jersey? If you can get most people to self-serve, it frees up huge capacity to deal with those who insist on phoning. 

UK is online, you just need your NHS number & date of birth. Took 30 seconds.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Maybe Jersey don't have legions of people who give the illusion of being kept busy?

• Like 2