Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

10 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

"Government says the 111 line is experiencing 'unprecedented' levels of calls "

So they send out letters, and people respond to the letters by phoning in. That cannot be unprecedented.

Unless there are hundreds of people phoning in because they have Covid symptoms. That's a bit worrying...

Now don't call to book appointments until Saturday.... but it won't affect the schedule

13 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

"Government says the 111 line is experiencing 'unprecedented' levels of calls "

So they send out letters, and people respond to the letters by phoning in. That cannot be unprecedented.

Unless there are hundreds of people phoning in because they have Covid symptoms. That's a bit worrying...

Ashie says we should be able to register online from next week and get call back

Now don't call to book appointments until Saturday.... but it won't affect the schedule

111 option 2 isn't to book an appointment. It's just to give them your details so they can contact you later with an appointment.

Jeez, isn't there anyone in IT who could sort an online version of that now we are into age group that likely routinely uses computers? 

Edit, just seen above from Banker. Ashie, wasn't this an ever so slightly obvious way of collating patient data from those who want the vax? I mean...how long have you had to sort this out?  

It seems ludicrous to have to phone a very busy number just to have someone input the data you could have done yourself in much less time never mind the opportunity for input errors.

There is a reason why the vast majority of companies don't want phone calls at all these days.

Edited by ballaughbiker
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

111 option 2 isn't to book an appointment. It's just to give them your details so they can contact you later with an appointment.

Jeez, isn't there anyone in IT who could sort an online version of that now we are into age group that likely routinely uses computers? 

Edit, just seen above from Banker. Ashie, wasn't this an ever so slightly obvious way of collating patient data from those who want the vax? I mean...how long have you had to sort this out?  

It does not even need to be an online system ( although that is the obvious and easiest solution that should have been available from the start). An automated phone system would do the job as well with the old press 1, 2 etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An hour before they asked them not to ring 111 they sent this out:

Letters inviting those in priority 5 – aged 65 and over – are in the process of being sent out in batches of 500 a day. If you believe you are in this group, and have not received your letter by 9 March, please contact your GP in the first instance. Please wait to receive your letter before contacting 111.

GPs are going to love them for that.  Given that there's about 5500 people in this age group, that will be 11 days even if everything operates perfectly.

38 minutes ago, asitis said:

I got lost in Ashies explanation of the way the system will speed up and how current balls ups will make no difference. It just seemed to me to be a load of bullshit, I wasn't listening very closely though.

Looking at the dashboard, and considering his words, there are thousands of empty slots for next week, Tuesday to Friday. If by some miracle someone had got through today, that is when they would be booked in. So delaying the registration and booking process to Saturday or Sunday, won't change that. Still, closing the whole system down, for two days, in order to regroup, is a pretty significant admission of systemic failure.

They now plan to set up a simple 'online form' for registrations, so that should help a lot. If they then ask you for your phone number and/or e-mail address, they could then send you your appointment electronically, and do that any time 24/7. I'll bet though, you'll still get a phone call!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, asitis said:

I got lost in Ashies explanation of the way the system will speed up and how current balls ups will make no difference. It just seemed to me to be a load of bullshit, I wasn't listening very closely though.

It’s hard to concentrate when the speakers continually spew bullsh*t

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, asitis said:

How do you know it was bullshit if you were not listening properly?

10 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

If they would just have the sense to get phil gawne singing a selection of ballads in manx as the call waiting music they could cure this epidemic overnight

Or the Steam Packet could get in on the sea shanty craze

“We fucked up, the government’s out of luck” etc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1