Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

16 minutes ago, Newbie said:

So I presume that means the over 50's group will be fully vaccinated by August in the UK, if they have been offered a jab by May.

I'm 17 63, first jab Wed. 12th, second jab May 28th. Friend in Somerset is 60, he's already had his first jab.

In general people are being sensible down here, especially since a local 'lass' died of Covid but she was morbidly obese.

40 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

I'm 17 63, first jab Wed. 12th, second jab May 28th. Friend in Somerset is 60, he's already had his first jab.

In general people are being sensible down here, especially since a local 'lass' died of Covid but she was morbidly obese.

That's great, glad to hear it is going well. They are certainly getting on with it. Although presumably there will be some over 50's who get offered the jab in May who won't get the second one till August??

1 hour ago, Banker said:

8 first doses today plus 385 second doses , seems very few done this week for some reason 

Two friends in the UK posted that they had had their first jabs today.

No health issues.

One male, 42, lives Essex way.

One male, don't know exact age but would say 45 tops.  Lives  near Wilmslow somewhere.

A few rumblings in the UK about £2.6m being spent on the Downing Street press room.  We spent how much on the hubs?

Further outright rage about the proposed pay increase for nurses and how that £2.6m spend looks?  We spent how much on the hubs? 

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

A few rumblings in the UK about £2.6m being spent on the Downing Street press room.  We spent how much on the hubs?

Further outright rage about the proposed pay increase for nurses and how that £2.6m spend looks?  We spent how much on the hubs? 

£200k to date plus some bills outstanding at last information 

• Sad 1

With such super-dooper vaccination centres, could they be used 24/7? Or at least more than 9-5 or whatever.

This was mooted in UK by Boris and for various reasons didn't go ahead, but I think it could work here. 

2 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

Two friends in the UK posted that they had had their first jabs today.

No health issues.

One male, 42, lives Essex way.

One male, don't know exact age but would say 45 tops.  Lives  near Wilmslow somewhere.

Don't know about Essex, but East Cheshire are just starting the 65-70'age group. Your mate is very lucky. He either looks really young for a pensioner, or he got a cancellation. Of course, it could be due to certain professions. 

13 minutes ago, Barlow said:

With such super-dooper vaccination centres, could they be used 24/7? Or at least more than 9-5 or whatever.

This was mooted in UK by Boris and for various reasons didn't go ahead, but I think it could work here. 

We aren’t even doing 5 days yet, Ashford said there is no point as they can only vaccinate at the rate of supply.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, snowman said:

The schedules on the government website need updating. Still says end of September for all in phase 2

Which is probably correct. UK are banging on about June, but that is jab one. September for jab two. Openings on 21 June I'm ukis literally a carrot for the general public. Furling, vat cut on food, and several other benefits have already been extended until September. I don't expect much before then. 

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Which is probably correct. UK are banging on about June, but that is jab one. September for jab two. Openings on 21 June I'm ukis literally a carrot for the general public. Furling, vat cut on food, and several other benefits have already been extended until September. I don't expect much before then. 

If that's right the mgp doesn't look likely 

8 minutes ago, Cambon said:

The point is that it isn't correct and the following needs to be updated

https://covid19.gov.im/vaccination/vaccination-schedule-priority-groups/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-56282557

Quote:

All adults on the Isle of Man will be able to get a first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine months earlier than previously planned, the health minister has said.

David Ashford said the number of people vaccinated each day would rise to 1,000 due to an "uptick" in deliveries.

The increased pace would mean all adults who wanted one would get their first dose by the end of May, he added.

The island's vaccine roll-out was due to end in September with the last people getting a first jab in August.

Edited by snowman