Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

As routine vaccinations for the under 65s haven't started yet we can make a rough estimate using ages.  According to the current dashboard, 5339 first jabs and 4087 second jabs have been issued to those aged 17-64.  I reckon this comprises 44% of those who have had both doses and 19% of those who have received one.

Obviously there will be some front-line staff over 64 and some under 65 jabbed for other reasons (eg patient transfer) but that will give you some idea.

Exactly.  It makes zero sense.

Their argument for not vaccinating police (which i agree with) is undermined by having vaccinated perfectly healthy people who make posters at the DHSS.

Their argument for not allowing buy and sell sites is undermined by allowing food deliveries.

There argument for not allowing construction in big areas with fresh air and social distancing is undermined by allowing people to mix in tiny sweaty commercial kitchens to continue to make takeaway food.

No logic to any of it and I don't understand why more people aren't questioning it.

• Like 3

Just now, TheTeapot said:

I'm re-roofing your house. I have felt and batoned it and your house is now watertight.

Cool.

Better analogy would be that you had also put slates everywhere apart from a small percentage which shouldn't really cause any issues.  In fact growing evidence shows that if you leave it like that for at least three months before you come back and do the last bit the standard of the whole job will be better anyway than if you did it straight away.

In the meantime while I am waiting for you to come back and finish, you can make a start on waterproofing for a load of other people for the rains in March and April, then go back and finish all this to a better standard once the drier weather comes in.

Saves them getting flooded over the next few weeks and does me no harm at all.

Nice analogy 

4 hours ago, Cambon said:

Don't know about UAE, but Israel have been concentrating on first doses. 

With respect to the booking system, I agree it is a shambles. However, why have an online system? Just send out the letter with a date and time. If you cannot make it, call up and change it. 

You do seem to have a long-winded system over there.  In my bit of the West Country I, as a recipient don't have to anything.  The doctor's surgeries seem to be doing all the leg work.  4 weeks ago today I received a call from the practice nurse at my docs asking if I could present myself for my jab the following morning at 9.30.  I turned up at the venue (for want of a better word) where 6 cubicles were set up.  I checked in, joined a socially distanced queue and then shown to a cubicle for my jab.  Waited the obligatory 15 minutes as I was driving and headed home. 

Simple and effective.  All I have to do now is wait for another call to report for my 2nd jab and turn up when told to.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, The Phat Tog said:

You do seem to have a long-winded system over there.  In my bit of the West Country I, as a recipient don't have to anything.  The doctor's surgeries seem to be doing all the leg work.  4 weeks ago today I received a call from the practice nurse at my docs asking if I could present myself for my jab the following morning at 9.30.  I turned up at the venue (for want of a better word) where 6 cubicles were set up.  I checked in, joined a socially distanced queue and then shown to a cubicle for my jab.  Waited the obligatory 15 minutes as I was driving and headed home. 

Simple and effective.  All I have to do now is wait for another call to report for my 2nd jab and turn up when told to.

From what I can see our lot did not want to see the GPs making any money out of it so have not used to most obvious dispensers of vaccine. 

The Isle of Man where you can.....'t be seen to make any money unless you are a immoral gambling company...............

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

392 second doses today 0 first doses, thankfully we are actually ramping up tomorrow or so ashie promised 

Cunning plan... keep them back so you can ensure you reach the 1,000 a day for 5 days as promised. Assuming the extra vaccines arrive. God forbid we dip into to the 11k plus 2nd doses.

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

From what I can see our lot did not want to see the GPs making any money out of it so have not used to most obvious dispensers of vaccine. 

The Isle of Man where you can.....'t be seen to make any money unless you are a immoral gambling company...............

So £250k on a temporary hub, shut down regular services to transfer staff to hubs etc. when you have medical clinics with the ability to arrange appointments, send letters, access to medical records, local to patients and the ability to administer injections. Manx solutions indeed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

The GPs, as oft moaned about on here, have been keeping patients at arms length. They couldn't adminster vaccines, it'd be too dangerous surely.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

The facilities at most GP practises to do the vaccinations are not sufficient or appropriate  but the difficulties in accessing and sharing  the right medical records is to me an utter shambles given how long we have been facing the national vaccination programme on this scale.

We can not afford to clog GP surgeries and Nobles and the car parks with people attending for the jabs.

16 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

So £250k on a temporary hub, shut down regular services to transfer staff to hubs etc. when you have medical clinics with the ability to arrange appointments, send letters, access to medical records, local to patients and the ability to administer injections. Manx solutions indeed.

That actually says just as much about what the private sector get away with charging government for materials and labour as it does about the government's propensity to pay stupid amounts of money 

The real tragedy is that some 15 years since an whole island medical records system was advocated and described by Paul Harper (iirc) we still do not have an integrated system that shares all clinical  information between patients, GPs and Nobles Departments.

Given that digitisation was a clinical and political aim, was budgeted for and developed at £millions of pounds so far where has it gone wrong. What has the money been used for instead is what I want to know.

Good health and social care requires effective communication systems with data collection, audit and clinical reporting system built in, with other components. To say we do not have that is deeply concerning both in this day and age and in view of the health and social crisis we are in.

And it was not getting any better judging by the 'explanations' being rolled out by Departments.

• Like 1