Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

36 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I don't have access to any evidence or lists other than my own social media feed weeks ago being full of people stating they had been for the jab.

Young, healthy people that wouldn't meet any eligibility criteria other than working for DHSS or one of a number of local charities.

I am sure anyone who needs evidence can do a bit of digging 

The charities you refer to are the likes of Hospice.  Which is logical given they work in an immuno compromised environment.  It makes sense for them to be vaccinated.

People really should stop bellyaching about everything.

• Like 1

Well, I’ve just registered Paul and I on line for vaccination. My GP is still insisting I’m not in group 4. The 20+ letters, e-mails + texts,  from Nobles, Clatterbridge, Royal Liverpool, DHSC ( both IOM and UK ) and the Department of Housing Communities, etc. disagree with her. Who to believe?

I understood that Quayle or Ashford, and perhaps both, had given an undertaking to publish, during last week, government’s ‘roadmap’ defining the sequence and methodology for eventually relaxing border controls. I don’t believe that’s happened. Am I mistaken in my understanding of when publication would occur and, if so, has a particular timescale been given for said publication?

Edited by Uhtred

1 minute ago, Uhtred said:

I understood that Quayle or Ashford, and perhaps both, had given an undertaking to publish, during last week, government’s ‘roadmap’ defining the sequence and methodology for eventually relaxing border controls. I don’t believe that’s happened. Am I mistaken in that belief and, if so, has a particular timescale been given for said publication?

Supposedly this week now at sometime 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I understood that Quayle or Ashford, and perhaps both, had given an undertaking to publish, during last week, government’s ‘roadmap’ defining the sequence and methodology for eventually relaxing border controls. I don’t believe that’s happened. Am I mistaken in my understanding of when publication would occur and, if so, has a particular timescale been given for said publication?

HQ did say something like it hadn't been forgotten, so we can expect it soon.  What's the betting it has the clarity of a dodgy pint of Guiness in the Clarrie? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

HQ did say something like it hadn't been forgotten, so we can expect it soon.  What's the betting it has the clarity of a dodgy pint of Guiness in the Clarrie? 

Likely to have similar consequences both short and long term I reckon.

Short term - a day on the bog

Long term - paying the consequences for poor decisions for the rest of your life (financial and emotional)

Edited by horatiotheturd

2 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

I don't have access to any evidence or lists other than my own social media feed weeks ago being full of people stating they had been for the jab.

Young, healthy people that wouldn't meet any eligibility criteria other than working for DHSS or one of a number of local charities.

I am sure anyone who needs evidence can do a bit of digging 

:whatever:

None at all. Sweet fuck all. Nil, nada, nichts. Oh hang on, Karen from facebook said.............

19 minutes ago, piebaps said:

:whatever:

None at all. Sweet fuck all. Nil, nada, nichts. Oh hang on, Karen from facebook said.............

Nope.  All true.

Unfortunately with the Isle of Man being a small place I am not prepared to give to much detail but have an ask around up at the hospital and at some local charities and see who has been jabbed right at the start of the rollout.  You might be suprised/disgusted, especially if you are vulnerable and still waiting behind perfectly healthy people who aren't even 40.

17 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Nope.  All true.

Unfortunately with the Isle of Man being a small place I am not prepared to give to much detail but have an ask around up at the hospital and at some local charities and see who has been jabbed right at the start of the rollout.  You might be suprised/disgusted, especially if you are vulnerable and still waiting behind perfectly healthy people who aren't even 40.

Yes , we can all probably name a few who have been vaccinated who aren’t frontline health workers 

2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

It was mooted for last Monday or maybe this one, but I suspect it might seem imprudent to start talking dates for easing restrictions when we've not yet reached the peak , and therefore, any sense of an end date to this outbreak.

I imagine they've put a pin in it while they try to sort the mess they've made. As they say, if a first you don't succeed fail. Try, try and try again until you do. 🙄

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

It was mooted for last Monday or maybe this one, but I suspect it might seem imprudent to start talking dates for easing restrictions when we've not yet reached the peak , and therefore, any sense of an end date to this outbreak.

I imagine they've put a pin in it while they try to sort the mess they've made. As they say, if a first you don't succeed fail. Try, try and try again until you do. 🙄

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CallMeCurious said:

Howie did indicate it would be released this week, it was shared with MHKs etc a couple of weeks ago.

Lots of people I know have made decision to book trips/accommodation for UK after 17th May, to see families in UK. and don’t care if they have to isolate or test on returning. Majority will have been vaccinated st least once  

5 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

Omg.  They have finally put a website live to save people phoning 111.  Its like living in late 2020 in any other part of the world.

I am sure you and Banker will be moaning about it soon enough! 

• Like 1