Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

14 minutes ago, Apple said:

Zarley - is it totally secure now?

Genuine question as that has always been my reason for not doing it. 

There's no such thing as totally secure. But as it's a health related app containing PII, it will have been thoroughly tested under the NCSC's CHECK Scheme.

This isn't a guarantee that nobody will find a way in eventually, nor that human error can never happen, nor any guarantee of total security. But it is a certification that at time of testing, either no serious issues were found, or they were remediated shortly thereafter.

EDIT: Actually may not have been mandatory for it to have been a CHECK scheme test, as I don't think the developer is public sector. But regardless it will have been pentested.

Edited by HeliX
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

There's no such thing as totally secure. But as it's a health related app containing PII, it will have been thoroughly tested under the NCSC's CHECK Scheme.

Thanks for the link. Useful information, but is it an assumption that we have undergone pen testing on the island.

I am also still dubious as to where my data ends up (without my knowledge or per mission) but that is a different matter. Soon it will all be in the hands of Manx Care I assume.

Just now, Apple said:

Thanks for the link. Useful information, but is it an assumption that we have undergone pen testing on the island.

I am also still dubious as to where my data ends up (without my knowledge or per mission) but that is a different matter. Soon it will all be in the hands of Manx Care I assume.

I don't think the island has had its own special deployment of PatientAccess, so no separate testing needed.

GDPR makes it very difficult (at the penalty of gigantic fines) to misuse people's data. It's a massive headache for the organisational side of the coin, but a great boon to the population. Other than having to click through disclaimers about cookies on every single website.

I don't know Helix, I have heard of several breaches of GDPR in the health services this year that have been admitted to. As they have been 'self confessed' I think the Information Commissioner has taken a light view?

Will look again at Patient Access.

59 minutes ago, Apple said:

I don't know Helix, I have heard of several breaches of GDPR in the health services this year that have been admitted to. As they have been 'self confessed' I think the Information Commissioner has taken a light view?

Mistakes happen.

In the main itsno big deal.  So a light view is exactly what should be taken.

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Hearing about them is a good thing. It was before all this when there was no obligation for a provider to inform anyone that was bad!

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Any GDPR breaches should be shown on website, I doubt very much they would have confessed to anything without being found out !!

2 hours ago, Apple said:

Zarley - is it totally secure now?

Genuine question as that has always been my reason for not doing it. 

They've recently added an extra security step after you enter your password, where you enter, in drop-downs, a random choice (their choice) of three different letters/numbers from a "memorable word". The same as online banking. (Lloyds, anyway.)

13 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

No. I have fully evaluated each one in my shed,  am in possesion of 6 doctorates and have arrived at my conclusion through a full and comprehensive testing process. Of course im guessing you fucking idiot, thats the sort of shit neil down usually comes up with. I am right though. Usually

Is there any need to be so offensive. I was just asking? If you are just guessing and you are usually right are you s good guesser?