Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

33 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Did I hear Ashford say we had to keep enough vaccines in store to 'honour booking'. Surely if you have used your vaccines, you would have honoured your booking, or where else would it have gone?

Am i missing something?

I think it was more of a comment about the booking system. They don't want to book thousands of people in without the guarantee that they will have vaccine to administer, and then have to postpone bookings. They used to make sure that they had the second dose in hand when the first dose was booked, but having moved to a longer gap between 1st and 2nd doses they no longer do that. They keep a buffer of about 10 days worth to take account of any delays in delivery, cancelled sailings etc, but they don't like to book to many new 1st jab appointments ahead of that until they know they have the vaccine

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

Even so, a simple spreadsheet of vaccine in and vaccine out could be maintained in real time.  It is, after all, just stock control. 

Darn it Mrs Gladys, please stop posting evidenced based comments. Someone might hear you.....🤫

Just listening to Mannin line & reports that those due second Pfizer doses have been told come back Thursday or Friday as not doing them until later in week.

nothing to do with stocks apparently but that’s not what John Wright mentioned yesterday 

apparently several turning up for second doses and being told you should have had a letter changing dates but they haven’t 

Edited by Banker

I have received a letter inviting me to register for vaccination. I have already received one injection and have a date for the second.

This implies that they have more than one database, and they are not talking to each other. In that case, and knowing there would be inconsistencies, it would be sensible to have included the words "Please ignore this letter if...".  But they didn't.

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

I have received a letter inviting me to register for vaccination. I have already received one injection and have a date for the second.

Ditto for 2 people I know.

Also told  me the letter doesn’t advise getting the consent form on line and filling it in before arriving for the vacc.

Edited by hampsterkahn

16 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

So have I. Although my second jab appointment has been put back a few weeks according to the jab nurse however I can't confirm 'cos I can't get through to 111.

Got through. Lovely lady sorted it for me. Poor thing sounded really pissed off but i tried to cheer her up a bit 'cos it's not her fault.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

Apparently a woman was turned away this morning owing to lack of vaccines

See my post above, it’s happened to a number today who were told they should have received letters with new appointments 

• Sad 1