Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Sorry, didn't understand a word of your post. Can you try again?

We have had the zeneca jab and we are still breathing and standing upright, well, as upright as I do.

Got it now? Maybe it was a response to Roxanne's post.

You're quite right though, ambiguity rules.

Edited by doc.fixit

1 hour ago, hampsterkahn said:

The incidence of thrombosis is no different  to that expected in a comparable unvaccinated population .Some reports even  suggest slightly less - though using the same data to suggest that having the vaccine reduces the chance of having a thrombosis would be absurd  - but shows how tenuous these associations can be.  

That seems absolutely right, but given that thrombosis is a very real problem for patients with Covid (to the extent that it is recommended that quite high doses of anticoagulants are used in treating hospital patients with Covid), in a roundabout way, the incidence of thrombosis might well be lower than in vaccinated patients than unvaccinated patients, simply by reducing the risk of catching the virus. I agree that the current data couldn't be used to show that.

13 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

We have had the zeneca jab and we are still breathing and standing upright, well, as upright as I do.

Got it now? Maybe it was a response to Roxanne's post.

You're quite right though, ambiguity rules.

I was implying your typing showed side-effects :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

You get what’s available in terms of location & vaccine type with no choice 

Due to my having a severe anaphylactic reaction to a medication in 2010, nearly killing me, my GP recommended I have the Oxford vaccine and I was directed to Chester Street by 111. So it's not cut and dried like you're suggesting. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, quilp said:

Due to my having a severe anaphylactic reaction to a medication in 2010, nearly killing me, my GP recommended I have the Oxford vaccine and I was directed to Chester Street by 111. So it's not cut and dried like you're suggesting. 

Except for those with medical reasons obviously but the question was if you live in Onchan will you got to Chester street automatically & the answer is no

11 minutes ago, quilp said:

That is true, if you have a history of allergies, real ones, you can ask for the AZ one.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Except for those with medical reasons obviously but the question was if you live in Onchan will you got to Chester street automatically & the answer is no

It'll be to even the numbers out.  Most people on the Island live nearer Chester Street than the Airport, but if you live in Onchan you do have a direct bus to the Airport unlike someone from the North or Peel.  So it's easier to allocate people to go there and similarly it reduces the amount of total amount of driving.

Of course this is all because the vaccination hubs were chosen to suit the interests of the DoI management and their bezzie mate contractors rather than for the optimum delivery of vaccines[1].  But I'm sure you'll agree it was worth it for the skirting boards.

[1]  To some extent the DHSC has admitted the whole strategy was flawed by setting up the pop-up Peel and Ramsey Hubs to deal with the hundreds who were unable get to the other Hubs easily.

• Like 1

Information that immunization is showing up in increasing antibodies in the population 

People in UK with antibodies doubles in a month

0eac2832-5825-4622-a05b-6fa5d611a855.jpg

Robert Cuffe

BBC head of statistics

The number of people in the UK with Covid antibodies has nearly doubled in the month from 3 February to 3 March. 

About one in three people (33%) in the UK are estimated by the Office for National Statistics to have antibodies to coronavirus – evidence of recent immunisation or an infection. 

A month ago, the figure was about 18%. 

This figure is lower in Scotland where it is slightly fewer than one in four people, but close to one in three in each of England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Meanwhile, the percentage of people testing positive for antibodies was higher for those aged 70 years and over in England, Wales and Scotland.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

The problem is, if 100,000 people die of the virus no one is liable. If one person dies of the vaccine then someone is. Its crazy but the europeans don't have the nerve to do anything unless someone else is accountable and so they have all panicked.

The Irish are different, they won't want it because its British :D

Can't wait for Piebaps take on having it or will he be waiting for the Manx variant.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

It'll be to even the numbers out.  Most people on the Island live nearer Chester Street than the Airport, but if you live in Onchan you do have a direct bus to the Airport unlike someone from the North or Peel.  So it's easier to allocate people to go there and similarly it reduces the amount of total amount of driving.

Of course this is all because the vaccination hubs were chosen to suit the interests of the DoI management and their bezzie mate contractors rather than for the optimum delivery of vaccines[1].  But I'm sure you'll agree it was worth it for the skirting boards.

[1]  To some extent the DHSC has admitted the whole strategy was flawed by setting up the pop-up Peel and Ramsey Hubs to deal with the hundreds who were unable get to the other Hubs easily.

Well they haven't reallly admitted anything of the sort.

There was always a plan to vaccinate the vast majority at certain locations.  Pop ups were a given for a what will amount to a relatively small percentage of total vaccinations.

On 3/14/2021 at 10:47 AM, Holte End said:

Is this the reason why Mr Callister posted on his Blog

"At 12 noon I dialled into a meeting with Beamans Management Consultants who are currently undertaking a Capacity and Capability Review of the Department of Infrastructure."

Bet the workers would like to have known before the world, talking to some DOI lads they still fighting the JEGS downgrade to now have this thrown at them,must make them feel so wanted.

Also WTF would Callister know about DOI capacity and capability.

Beamans must be making a fortune out of this review, they started this review 4+ years ago I know there are a lot of staff, but this is taking the piss. I assume Mr Callister is on the phone as we speak to Mr Black demanding to know how much this is costing the taxpayer's of this Island and how much will we save as a result of this review? I can tell you free of charge we will save fuck all! and we will probably pay Beamans long £000s to tell us that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1