Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

I'm pretty certain it will be no different than requiring a Yellow Fever jab before being allowed entry into various African countries. 

Although how effective this will be would be interesting.  About 3 years ago I successfully effectively bribed my way into Ghana, after I got a new passport and forgot to swap my yellow fever certificate into the new one.  It was either get jabbed with dubious equipment there and then in a little office at the airport, pay a small 'admin' fee (after they had taken great pains to explain how hard their job was and how little money they had) or get back on a plane and go home. 

Plus, there nothing to stop the Airlines for enforcing you to have had one if they want.  It's your choice to use them.

3 hours ago, jaymann said:

Had a call today to attend for my first vaccine tomorrow, which I can't due to self-iso as returning back from travel. But it does seem highly inefficient that they aren't booking people up far more in advance than this, no?

There's always something to moan about on this thread

• Thanks 1

There seems to be a lot of confusion over what people can and cannot do or go anywere, are masks mandatory according the the island police you don't have to wear them outside, my daughter and grandson got some abusive gestures from a elderly running as they walked in balthane only hope I don't spot him next time. We all just got be be careful and respectful of each other. Let's all try and get this sorted out.

40 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Impossible to legislate for, but it will come by stealth with the travel business insisting on proof of vaccination before travel.

Saves the government having to worry about that particular chestnut.

Airlines want proof of 2 vax so they can pack planes. Most Countries want it because they are slow to vaccinate. But, kiddies who are unlikely to be vaccinated and are proven super spreaders are fine and welcome. You really could not make it up.

At the end of the day, you get vaccinated to protect yourself. Nobody else, regardless of what anyone says.

How did yours go today? 

And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! 

7 minutes ago, Billy kettlefish said:

There seems to be a lot of confusion over what people can and cannot do or go anywere, are masks mandatory according the the island police you don't have to wear them outside, my daughter and grandson got some abusive gestures from a elderly running as they walked in balthane only hope I don't spot him next time. We all just got be be careful and respectful of each other. Let's all try and get this sorted out.

Look at Iom gov Covid site for all public information and no masks are not mandatory 

EU getting very annoyed and may block vaccine Exports to countries that produce their own. Can't see why when they don't want to use the AZ. 

There seems to be politics - Fake News here and the end result is to weaken the EU's Manufacturing ability - who does that benefit? Eastern Bloc and China? 

Edited by Major Rushen

9 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

P and O cruises requiring all passengers to have been vaccinated for their series of UK cruises this summer, no exceptions. Although it would appear crew may not be vaccinated for the cruises from their FAQ

I understand P&o along with Saga & others are insisting on both jabs, full insurance to cover Covid & all crew will be quarantined for 14 days before & be tested constantly. Under 18s banned FTB.

Cruises will start May but just around UK with only 1 stop initially in Liverpool 

3 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

"sailings will be for UK resident Covid-19-vaccinated passengers only."

Taken literally, this means that those of us who are IOM resident do not qualify.

We do qualify as for these purposes we are classed as UK same as for travel. MSC cruises are continuing to operate cruises out of Italy but they are only for Schenghen countries & UK residents banned