Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

We do qualify as for these purposes we are classed as UK same as for travel. MSC cruises are continuing to operate cruises out of Italy but they are only for Schenghen countries & UK residents banned 

Like a lot of other companies, P&O probably don't know that there are British areas that are not in the UK. Some companies do know the difference, and IOM residents are excluded from the offerings of many of them. P&O do not help. As I said, if you take them literally, we are excluded. 

From their website Q&A section:

"I am not a resident of the UK can I book one of these cruises?

UK getaway cruises are only open to UK residents."

2 hours ago, Banker said:

It’s a legal requirement in Spain & many others to have a negative PCR test 3 days before arrival & all they will do is say if you are vaccinated you don’t need PCR test 

I'm not sure about that as the vaccine doesn't prevent you getting the virus, it only protects you from the worst of its symptoms.

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

I'm not sure about that as the vaccine doesn't prevent you getting the virus, it only protects you from the worst of its symptoms.

Well that’s what Cyprus & Greece have already said with Spain & Portugal pushing for the same 

37 minutes ago, Banker said:

Could be some vaccine delays into uk & therefore us , probably Europe blocking exports 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-to-face-significant-reduction-in-vaccine-supplies-from-29-march-12248909

Either that or they have just miscalculated the impact of the second doses which I am sure just by pure coincidence will be ramping up massively at that point. 

1 hour ago, swoopy2110 said:

Just been called for Chester St for first jab on Friday Morning to have AstraZeneca. 2nd dose 10 weeks after the first.

My wife and I had the Astra Zeneca one this morning,quite a few nervous folks in the lineup,inc us,what with all the negative stuff in the press at the moment.Had to laugh, as a guy known as a "hard nut" at the secondary school was sheepish about it.9 hours later still feel great.Dont worry.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ďouglas Peel said:

My wife and I had the Astra Zeneca one this morning,quite a few nervous folks in the lineup,inc us,what with all the negative stuff in the press at the moment.Had to laugh, as a guy known as a "hard nut" at the secondary school was sheepish about it.9 hours later still feel great.Dont worry.

There's roughly a 10% chance that you'll get a minor reaction.  My brother and I had our jabs within a day of eachother and after 24 hours we both had a couple of days of what you might call 'covid lite'.  It's not that big of a deal and certainly no reason not to have the jab.  We're both classified as 'extremely clinically vulnerable'. 

The 5G chip is barely noticeable by the way...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Has it occurred to anyone that it would appear that only old people will be able to go on holiday in the near future? (Border restrictions and 'covid-passports' allowing).

woohoo,  pot of tea for 1 with 2 cups and 1 teacake with 2 plates please all followed by any discount for pensioners ( even though they have had longer than the rest of us to save up for it )    the cafes will be coining it in  🙄

12 minutes ago, On the inside said:

Shortage of vaccine in a facility that makes it? Is there another story being hidden here?

Or time to allow the manufacturers of the vials to play catch up? I don't think it's political or much to do with the clotting issue either, may be even an opportunity to tweak the formula in it's next lot of batches.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Could be some vaccine delays into uk & therefore us , probably Europe blocking exports 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-to-face-significant-reduction-in-vaccine-supplies-from-29-march-12248909

Nobody reads their own links do they:

Sky's health correspondent, Ashish Joshi, has been told that the shortage has nothing to do with ongoing supply tensions with the EU - instead, it is down to a "global supply issue" with AstraZeneca.

and more worryingly:

From today, vaccination centres are being told to close unfilled bookings from 29 March onwards - and to ensure no further appointments are scheduled for the whole of April.

9 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Nobody reads their own links do they:

Sky's health correspondent, Ashish Joshi, has been told that the shortage has nothing to do with ongoing supply tensions with the EU - instead, it is down to a "global supply issue" with AstraZeneca.

and more worryingly:

From today, vaccination centres are being told to close unfilled bookings from 29 March onwards - and to ensure no further appointments are scheduled for the whole of April.

And if you believe it’s nothing to do with vaccine row with EU then you’d believe anything!!