Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

Matt Hancock states that, "major constraints in supply" of AZ vaccine warned of in letter from NHS are "standard and technical" (Sky News).

Wonder if that letter could be shredded..? 😁

2 hours ago, monasqueen said:

Like a lot of other companies, P&O probably don't know that there are British areas that are not in the UK. Some companies do know the difference, and IOM residents are excluded from the offerings of many of them. P&O do not help. As I said, if you take them literally, we are excluded. 

From their website Q&A section:

"I am not a resident of the UK can I book one of these cruises?

UK getaway cruises are only open to UK residents."

You just say yes then ! We are part of the common travel area, so for the purposes of travel, you are in the UK effectively.

5 hours ago, Banker said:

I understand P&o along with Saga & others are insisting on both jabs, full insurance to cover Covid & all crew will be quarantined for 14 days before & be tested constantly. Under 18s banned FTB.

Cruises will start May but just around UK with only 1 stop initially in Liverpool 

How fantastic! Funny, how when I suggested they were basically non stop cruises quite a while ago,  I was ridiculed!!!!! 

Edited by Cambon

52 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

You old charmer, thank you. It went well, no side effects so far - although I did eat a large amount of home-made banana muffins when I got home if that counts? Albert posted a selfie? Was that the one when I was going through my Betty Bin liner phase? I do miss those days.

if banana muffins are on your list of wares i'll have half a dozen.

11 minutes ago, Cambon said:

How fantastic! Funny, how when I suggested hey were basically non stop cruises quite a while ago,  I was ridiculed!!!!! 

They’ve only just announced them!! As I Say MSC are running cruises out of Italy, stopping at Malta & various Italian ports but not for uk residents 

5 hours ago, Banker said:

Could be some vaccine delays into uk & therefore us , probably Europe blocking exports 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-to-face-significant-reduction-in-vaccine-supplies-from-29-march-12248909

Absolutely it is EU blocking exports. This is Not the first time this year. Shortly after Brexit, the French did a small blockade on the grounds that the uk had approved the vaccine and were receiving it. The French were jealous and blocked it. A couple of weeks ago, the French did similar when the uk upped the administration of vaccines. Now Europe as a whole (actually, a hole) are trying to stop the UK vaccination program in total, initially on the grounds that they were behind, but now that he rest of the world is behind. 

This is the tactics of a bully, and exactly the reason the uk removed themselves from the eu. 

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Absolutely it is EU blocking exports. This is Not the first time this year. Shortly after Brexit, the French did a small blockade on the grounds that the uk had approved the vaccine and were receiving it. The French were jealous and blocked it. A couple of weeks ago, the French did similar when the uk upped the administration of vaccines. Now Europe as a whole (actually, a hole) are trying to stop the UK vaccination program in total, initially on the grounds that they were behind, but now that he rest of the world is behind. 

This is the tactics of a bully, and exactly the reason the uk removed themselves from the eu. 

With many EU countries now suspending the use of Oxford Astra Zeneca, can’t we just stop exporting Astra Zeneca and distribute the surplus across the UK?

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

You old charmer, thank you. It went well, no side effects so far - although I did eat a large amount of home-made banana muffins when I got home if that counts? Albert posted a selfie? Was that the one when I was going through my Betty Bin liner phase? I do miss those days.

Nothing like a nice muffin.

I linked you to the photo - don't hurt me:D

18 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

With many EU countries now suspending the use of Oxford Astra Zeneca, can’t we just stop exporting Astra Zeneca and distribute the surplus across the UK?

Because (exact details are hard to find) all the AZ vaccine isn't manufactured in Oxford (actually none is) or even in the UK.  Most of the manufacturing is done on the continent and it is there that the company is having production problems.  I suspect the problem in UK supply is not getting enough from there rather than left-over UK production they can nick.

And (as I pointed out yesterday) the action taken by some governments in the EU has only been to suspend use not to stop it.  There's a meeting tomorrow at the European Medicine Agency which will consider the situation and if that gives the go ahead (and it's recommended continuing up to now) the countries that suspended use will probably start again.

6 hours ago, Cambon said:

What garbage.

Absolutely it is not the EU blocking exports. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise and it appears to be the UK relying on a delayed new supply from Moderna in India to help ramp up the vaccine rollout as second jab rollout also increases. The French are not jealous despite stupid people in Daily Mail type forums rushing to tell fellow stupid people that thats the case - they're still looking for validation of their damaging Brexit decision. The EU (not the continent of Europe), either as individual nations or as a whole, are not trying to stop the UK vaccination program. They have no interest in the hole that Little Englanders occupy. What they do have is a supply issue, partly because they were late to the game, but largely because their suppliers have not been able to meet delivery deadlines. If there were vaccines being made in UK factories and being supplied to the rest of the world whilst promised supplies from that same factory were not being delivered to the UK, I would absolutely expect the UK government to be leaning on the supplier to hold back on exports and meet home demand. People across the UK would be calling out for that and Little Englanders would be desperate to find out which countries the exports were going to, salivating at the chance to blame any EU country who might be receiving the exports (and making up an anti-EU argument if they can't see any evidence of that).

To blame the EU is the tired tactic of a group of people who have been brainwashed into thinking the EU is something its not by reading decades of Little Englander tabloids without taking a step back themselves to consider which few bits are true and which bits are the mass of lies and spin. Peoples stupidity in believing what they read from tabloids directly, or when their fabrication are regurgitated on social media, are then shared on social media, is exactly the reason the little englanders removed the rest of the UK from the eu, crying Project Fear along the way.

I'm only surprised you haven't blamed Meghan Markle - maybe it'll take a few days for that spin to make its way from the Daily Mail to wherever you obtain your "news".

• Haha 3