Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 hour ago, Jax said:

If there were vaccines being made in UK factories and being supplied to the rest of the world whilst promised supplies from that same factory were not being delivered to the UK, I would absolutely expect the UK government to be leaning on the supplier to hold back on exports and meet home demand.

That isn't quite what is happening. UK supplies of the AZ vaccine are now nearly all produced in the UK. There are, however, 10m doses of the AZ vaccine being produced by the Serum Institute in India, and it is delays with that contract that appear to be causing the current expected delays in the UK programme.

The EU's argument with Astrazeneca is nothing to do with that and is down, in part at least, to production problems in the EU plants manufacturing the AZ vaccine, as well as the EU's failings in the contract it negotiated with AZ.

As a result of its poor vaccine rollout, largely due to problems of their own making, the EU is threatening to block previously agreed exports of vaccine produced in the EU. This mainly affects the Pfizer vaccine.

It is not the case that supplies from plants in the EU are being sent to the UK and not to the EU. Pfizer is supplying the EU as well, as it is contractually obliged to do. The EU would like to hold on to the Pfizer vaccine being produced for contracts with Non-EU countries (including the UK), in addition to the vaccine Pfizer is producing for them.

The EU have form in this regard. Early on in the pandemic, Germany blocked exports of PPE and forced the cancellation of contracts to supply PPE to Non-EU countries.

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

Plus decommissioning costs of £80k minimum for when B&M takes over Chester Street in July and EasyJet return to Ronaldsway

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jax said:

What garbage.

Absolutely it is not the EU blocking exports. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise and it appears to be the UK relying on a delayed new supply from Moderna in India to help ramp up the vaccine rollout as second jab rollout also increases. The French are not jealous despite stupid people in Daily Mail type forums rushing to tell fellow stupid people that thats the case - they're still looking for validation of their damaging Brexit decision. The EU (not the continent of Europe), either as individual nations or as a whole, are not trying to stop the UK vaccination program. They have no interest in the hole that Little Englanders occupy. What they do have is a supply issue, partly because they were late to the game, but largely because their suppliers have not been able to meet delivery deadlines. If there were vaccines being made in UK factories and being supplied to the rest of the world whilst promised supplies from that same factory were not being delivered to the UK, I would absolutely expect the UK government to be leaning on the supplier to hold back on exports and meet home demand. People across the UK would be calling out for that and Little Englanders would be desperate to find out which countries the exports were going to, salivating at the chance to blame any EU country who might be receiving the exports (and making up an anti-EU argument if they can't see any evidence of that).

To blame the EU is the tired tactic of a group of people who have been brainwashed into thinking the EU is something its not by reading decades of Little Englander tabloids without taking a step back themselves to consider which few bits are true and which bits are the mass of lies and spin. Peoples stupidity in believing what they read from tabloids directly, or when their fabrication are regurgitated on social media, are then shared on social media, is exactly the reason the little englanders removed the rest of the UK from the eu, crying Project Fear along the way.

I'm only surprised you haven't blamed Meghan Markle - maybe it'll take a few days for that spin to make its way from the Daily Mail to wherever you obtain your "news".

I don't know what news media you use, but may I suggest you change? 

You seem to know a lot about the Daily Mail. Quite worrying. 

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

And rebuilding costs for wherever they have to build the new hub to deliver booster shots for the next couple of years....

I’m assuming they’ll be delivered year round via community resources, GP and pharmacies, like flu and pneumonia  unless there’s a spike. If there’s a spike I’d hop they can identify a source of mobile hospital screens and do pop ups.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, snowman said:

given the delivery delays, perhaps dhsc were correct after all to ring fence the in hand stocks to 2nd jabs already booked 

If you read the Gov UK news then this should not affect the current programme that we have. The indian batches were to give a further boost and we were not delving into the stock as I understand it (we were ready and expecting to ramp up further). That should mean that the vulnerables group (Vulnerables+O50's) will be done in the same time here. Its only a week delay in effectively extra-extra doses. Disappointing yes but hopefully not shattering.

Might give HQ/Comin an excuse to delay border opening though:crying: