Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

That's weird.  Why would anyone  e comfortable with  being micro chipped?

yet its now compulsory for dogs over here,  people are happy to be pierced,  tattooed ( voluntarily )  and have artificial joints, a chip that would be a permanent passport for life and i suspect not easily cloned could protect many from identity theft.

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

How can it be funny to anyone when millions died with tattoos on their arms put their by Germany during the Second World War , disgraceful!

how was pirncess dianas death funny ? but the jokes came,  a jimmy car joke is the safety in numbers  one where he says tell that to 6 million jews.  don't forget to tell him how much you don't like it.

Edited by Pipsqueak
  • Sad 1

With all the talk of travel passports and vaccination certificates which I predicted over 12 months ago on here we are fast entering the realm of Identity Cards.

Whether they are part of a mobile telephone system or built into clothes (yes they can do that now) the idea we can all just walk around willy nilly are fast disappearing.

Brave New Work indeed.

Edited by Apple

20 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

That's weird.  Why would anyone  e comfortable with  being micro chipped?

• Medical info: blood, allergies, ... in case of emergency.
  • Passport.
  • Bank cards.
  • Pets at Home card.
  • B&Q card.

Would save carting lots of crap around.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You could even have the chips linking to tinder/grinder (delete as applicable) or even your favourite star grill order. If you were too pissed to speak they could just scan your arm to get your order.

This has many as yet untapped ideas for benefit to humankind. Great thinking GD4:D

30 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

how was pirncess dianas death funny ? but the jokes came,  a jimmy car joke is the safety in numbers  one where he says tell that to 6 million jews.  don't forget to tell him how much you don't like it.

When you are in a hole, stop digging.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Everyone should be chipped - NHS numbers, passport number, tax authority number, etc. - that should avoid a lot of identity theft. Then if you have your medical details - blood type, allergies, etc., etc., you might stand a chance of getting quicker and more accurate treatment on admission to hospital.

I'm all for it.

Co-incidentally, I've had my first jab, and already heard that Bill Gates has been trying to get in touch.

On 3/17/2021 at 4:53 PM, swoopy2110 said:

Just been called for Chester St for first jab on Friday Morning to have AstraZeneca. 2nd dose 10 weeks after the first.

Surprised how efficient it was down there. Very slick operation going on. In and out within about 15 minutes.

Feeling fine at the moment!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Surprised how efficient it was down there. Very slick operation going on. In and out within about 15 minutes.

It is as you say. Straight in and almost straight out. I waited 10 mins and that was it. Excellent.

19 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Feeling fine at the moment!

Had my jab at 14:45 on Wednesday, went home and felt fine, no sore arm ot anything. Come 21:00, it began with a massive headache and feeling like full-blown flu. This went on the whole night; freezing cold one minute, throwing the quilt off the bed the next and aching all over. After little sleep, much of yesterday remained the same as the previous night, spent most of it lying on the sofa or on top of the bed. Couldn't eat because of overwhelming nausea. Hot and cold feverishness but my temp never budged. Another restless night last night but today it's like all that never happened. I'm a bit knackered and have a sore arm but nothing like the previous hours.

What I'm saying is, if you start feeling awful and having a bad reaction - don't panic, it passes. Mrs.Q's similar experience lasted almost a week after her first jab. After her second last week she had no symptoms whatsoever.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flyingfemme said:

Forms? Why would you need to fill in a form?

Consent form. You tick whether you have, or haven’t, any contra indications and that you’ve read the vaccine leaflet. Fairly basic health & safety in medical situation.

Its a bit like Apple and website ticking you’ve read the T&C and exclusions. No one has, but you have to accept otherwise ( like WhatsApp ) you get the boot.

5 minutes ago, quilp said:

It is as you say. Straight in and almost straight out. I waited 10 mins and that was it. Excellent.

Had my jab at 14:45 on Wednesday, went home and felt fine, no sore arm ot anything. Come 21:00, it began with a massive headache and feeling like full-blown flu. This went on the whole night; freezing cold one minute, throwing the quilt off the bed the next and aching all over. After little sleep, much of yesterday remained the same as the previous night, spent most of it lying on the sofa or on top of the bed. Couldn't eat because of overwhelming nausea. Hot and cold feverishness but my temp never budged. Another restless night last night but today it's like all that never happened. I'm a bit knackered and have a sore arm but nothing like the previous hours.

What I'm saying is, if you start feeling awful and having a bad reaction - don't panic, it passes. Mrs.Q's similar experience lasted almost a week after her first jab. After her second last week she had no symptoms whatsoever.

She Who Speaks had the same 48hr feeling shitty moments, especially the shivers and throwing the covers off. By the third day after the jab she was fine, a little tired but still barking out instructions as only She does! Peace never really reigned so things are back to normal. And oddly enough I'm happy with that...at least I know where I stand!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2