Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 hour ago, Major Rushen said:

Airport this morning 6mins for to door. Still to many people without their forms filled in.

Not everyone has a printer, we’ve also just had someone receive a call from 111 and booked for later today so very little notice to get forms delivered/printed from elsewhere, we aren’t travelling 20 miles to give them 2 A4 bits of paper.

10 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Not everyone has a printer, we’ve also just had someone receive a call from 111 and booked for later today so very little notice to get forms delivered/printed from elsewhere, we aren’t travelling 20 miles to give them 2 A4 bits of paper.

True. They rang me yesterday afternoon at 5:50pm to give me an appointment for today; don't have a printer and would have been a pain to arrange at short notice considering the lockdown.

I asked which vaccine I was being given and she somewhat suspiciously asked why I wanted to know. "So I can print the consent form and have it ready." She told me don't worry I'd be provided with one. Was finally told I'd be getting the AZ when I pressed. (think they're worried about refusenicks)

I was relieved tbh as it would have been a hassle to sort out. 

Anyway I'm off to Douglas for my chip shortly. Toodle-pip!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zarley said:

True. They rang me yesterday afternoon at 5:50pm to give me an appointment for today; don't have a printer and would have been a pain to arrange at short notice considering the lockdown.

I asked which vaccine I was being given and she somewhat suspiciously asked why I wanted to know. "So I can print the consent form and have it ready." She told me don't worry I'd be provided with one. Was finally told I'd be getting the AZ when I pressed. (think they're worried about refusenicks)

I was relieved tbh as it would have been a hassle to sort out. 

Anyway I'm off to Douglas for my chip shortly. Toodle-pip!

Yes they didn’t disclose which vaccine either, only that consent forms will be available at the hub, so I think your thoughts about refusals are probably correct, we also think it was probably a cancellation as it was a last minute appointment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, monasqueen said:

you might stand a chance of getting quicker and more accurate treatment on admission to hospital.

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

...a chance ...?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Yes they didn’t disclose which vaccine either, only that consent forms will be available at the hub, so I think your thoughts about refusals are probably correct, we also think it was probably a cancellation as it was a last minute appointment.

14 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Received the invitation to Register Wednesday. Got a call this afternoon to say that I am booked in down at the Airport for Sunday and the second jab 30th May. So far so good. 

Hmm... Maybe Annoymouse and I both did get last minute cancellation slots. Like Andy I also got and accepted my invite on weds, got called just before six yesterday for an afternoon appointment today. I wasn't expecting to have an appointment before monday.

Come to think of it, the woman on the phone said "I know it's short notice but..." so I guess it's likely I got lucky with a cancellation slot. 

Process went well, Chester Street staff all friendly and efficient, didn't feel the needle but did feel the vaccine going into muscle. Didn't hurt. One of the easiest shots I've had. So far so good side-effect wise. Would recommend. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Group 6a* letter arrived at my house today

*16-65 with underlying health condition

6a is people 16-65 with underlying conditions who are housebound. If you're not housebound, you're just plain ole 6.  

• Like 1