Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

4 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Your details DOB, Post Code  will be checked by 111 to check that you are in the eligible group, if not no call back. Even if you managed to wing it, your NHS number is checked at the vaccination reception to confirm that you are who you are and eligible. 

I don’t think any of that is true. Same with NHS number. If you don’t have it they don’t look it up. How many of us carry that info with us?

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

What?

It's a respiratory desiese. You are very unlikely to catch it via your digestive system. Saliva is a very good virus killer and even if it fails your stomach acids will get it. 

Your nose however is connected to your lungs directly with just nice juicy mucus which viruses will just love. 

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

It's a respiratory desiese. You are very unlikely to catch it via your digestive system. Saliva is a very good virus killer and even if it fails your stomach acids will get it. 

Your nose however is connected to your lungs directly with just nice juicy mucus which viruses will just love. 

So nose clips not masks?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Your details DOB, Post Code  will be checked by 111 to check that you are in the eligible group, if not no call back. Even if you managed to wing it, your NHS number is checked at the vaccination reception to confirm that you are who you are and eligible. 

I wasn’t trying to get around system, just wondering if you need an actual letter to register when they say it’s now open for over 55s and of course I expect they will check dob etc against records to confirm eligibility 

40 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

How would they be able to tell if you were in an eligible group by your post code and date of birth?   

27 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I don’t think any of that is true. Same with NHS number. If you don’t have it they don’t look it up. How many of us carry that info with us?

I'm sure they don't check NHS number and I don't think postcode either, but they probably do operate off name plus date of birth - it's what the doctor's receptionists always use.  And as most people are getting vaccinated based on how old they are, that automatically sorts out eligibility.

If you ring after getting the letter they presumably check there and clarify any mismatch then and can see if you have been sent a letter.  If you apply online and there's no match I don't know if they then ring anyway to check details.

25 minutes ago, Banker said:

I wasn’t trying to get around system, just wondering if you need an actual letter to register when they say it’s now open for over 55s and of course I expect they will check dob etc against records to confirm eligibility 

20 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

That is what a 111 person told me.

8 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

How would they be able to tell if you were in an eligible group by your post code and date of birth?   

8 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I'm sure they don't check NHS number and I don't think postcode either, but they probably do operate off name plus date of birth - it's what the doctor's receptionists always use.  And as most people are getting vaccinated based on how old they are, that automatically sorts out eligibility.

If you ring after getting the letter they presumably check there and clarify any mismatch then and can see if you have been sent a letter.  If you apply online and there's no match I don't know if they then ring anyway to check details.

I’m not encouraging anyone to cheat. The system is rough & ready. The various computer systems don’t talk to each other. People don’t all rush to phone or register on line.

Ages are mixed up because of vulnerable or extremely vulnerable anyway. 

My experience, and that of my partner, is that we were asked to confirm at registration, phone appointment and at vaccination, that we were 4A, as we weren’t age congruent. But 111 have no means of checking.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I have now shoved two yellow foam earplugs up my nose and am confidently taking the bus to Tesco. Thanks for the top tip!.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It's a respiratory desiese. You are very unlikely to catch it via your digestive system. Saliva is a very good virus killer and even if it fails your stomach acids will get it...

Here's 2 links to the very many respected medical websites which throws a light on your assertion...

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/langas/article/PIIS2468-1253(20)30132-1/fulltext

https://www.healthline.com/health/coronavirus-diarrhea

Ok? 

Edited by quilp

20 minutes ago, quilp said:

Here's 2 links to the very many respected medical websites which throws a light on your assertion...

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/langas/article/PIIS2468-1253(20)30132-1/fulltext

https://www.healthline.com/health/coronavirus-diarrhea

Ok? 

Now then. Don't have time to read these currently but a speed read tells me this is saying the virus can attack the gastrointestinal tract. I don't see it saying it enters the body this way. I think it gets in via your respiratory system. I am pretty sure it wouldn't survive stomach acids. 

Edited by Happier diner

Looking at the vaccination dashboard, they must be doing a lot of second doses still. They have a total of 16,104 jabs booked in of which 1,459 are first doses. In the next 7 days they have 3,569 jabs booked in, so over 2,000 of those must be second jabs as they only have 1,459 1st doses booked in total