Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

4 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Doesn't matter because we have the vast majority of our most vulnerable protected with two doses. Jersey and Guernsey will be playing catch up for weeks. They are vaccinating less people per week than us. 

That’s bollocks we’ve only done about 2000last 3/4 days & they’ve done 3000 last 3 days 

Edited by Banker

46 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

Is it just my crappy old computer or is the vaccine dashboard broken?

A conspiracy theorist might think they turned it off to hide how slow they were this week.

Its not showing any vaccine stock when I look at it.

Perhaps somebody unplugged the fridge to charge their phone.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

A conspiracy theorist might think they turned it off to hide how slow they were this week.

It was working earlier today showing 15,550 doses as at Sunday (I think).  

To be fair they are updating it today to show the numbers in the priority group being considered, that Edge asked for yesterday. Technically you could just about work them out anyway, but this makes it easier. 

So it's possible that they are using the opportunity to reprogram the dashboard to show the number of doses they actually have at the moment, rather than at some vague time in the past - something several on here have called for and pointed out should be doable.

Incidentally one thing I'm not certain about is how they are calculating the number of doses with regards to the Pfizer vaccine.  Are they taking the nominal five doses per vial or are they assuming they will get the six that seems to be possible in most cases with care?

Edited by Roger Mexico
Punctuation.

1 hour ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

514 done today so far but as Roger says stock total has vanished 

I'm struggling to see the obsession with who is or isn't winning a theoretical race. Its a global thing and until the world has been done then it doesn't really matter who gets it or when.

It reduces significantly the number of cases where death or intensive medical intervention is needed. It is thought to reduce transmission too. Aside from that, it doesn't prevent you catching it and as its still a notifiable disease, self-isolation remains a requirement and consequently there would still be pressure on both workers and workplaces.

Cohort one will all have had J1 by 19 April IIRC.

• Like 3

Vaccinations are taking place this week at our pop-up clinic for adults over the age of 18 who use the DHSC’s Learning Disability Day or Respite services, or those of its partner organisations.

The clinic is located at the Greenfield Park/Tall Trees complex on the Noble’s Hospital site.

Spaces are still available if parents and carers of adults with learning disabilities still need to book them in to receive their first Covid-19 vaccination.

Appointments for this clinic cannot be booked through 111 – they should be made directly with the Learning Disability Service. The team can be contacted on 698326 or 685102 between 9am and 3pm, Monday to Friday.

11 minutes ago, piebaps said:

I'm struggling to see the obsession with who is or isn't winning a theoretical race. Its a global thing and until the world has been done then it doesn't really matter who gets it or when.

It reduces significantly the number of cases where death or intensive medical intervention is needed. It is thought to reduce transmission too. Aside from that, it doesn't prevent you catching it and as its still a notifiable disease, self-isolation remains a requirement and consequently there would still be pressure on both workers and workplaces.

I agree, insofar as I couldn’t care less as to whether we are ahead or behind any other country, or ‘our good friends in the Channel Islands’. 
From a more self-centred perspective though, the sooner me, my family, my friends and everyone else on the IOM is protected, the better. There are people behind the numbers - and in a sense we are all in a race against Covid. I’d like to get the jab before Covid catches up with me. 

• Like 3

Fair play SB. I should add I've had my J1 so I'm alright jack which my explain my sudden relaxed view:D

On that note, St Georges Day is fast approaching, better go and find my flag.

Edited by piebaps
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, piebaps said:

I thought it stopped any infection at all in 70% of people and prevents serious infection or death in the remainder.

Therefore, if that is true then it is highly significant in the war on infection rates and therefore rapid vaccination is not a nice to have. It's essential. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StrangeBrew said:

From a more self-centred perspective though, the sooner me, my family, my friends and everyone else on the IOM is protected, the better. There are people behind the numbers - and in a sense we are all in a race against Covid. I’d like to get the jab before Covid catches up with me. 

I think it's also about honesty.  While, if you listened carefully to Quayle and Ashford, they only mentioned that they would be increasing vaccinations for two weeks to start with, they clearly gave the impression that they would be 'ramping up' over a longer period because they wanted to give a good news story.  Hence all the pointless wily-waving about whether we are doing 'better' than Jersey/Guernsey/the UK/wherever.

But people are going to get annoyed when they then revert back to the previous pattern, without explanation.  As with everything else PR seems more important than the science involved, but they're not really even good at the PR.

• Like 3