Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

23 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

well that went remarkably smoothly. It was very slick, if they had the gear and a 24hr shift system I think they could have this knocked out the park within a a couple of weeks

I was very impressed with the ‘production line’ when I had my jabs but I don’t know if a 24 hour service would be cost effective -  can’t see too many punters being up for a jab between midnight and 07:00.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I was very impressed with the ‘production line’ when I had my jabs but I don’t know if a 24 hour service would be cost effective -  can’t see too many punters being up for a jab between midnight and 07:00.

Plenty of young people would be happy to be more flexible on hours.  I would be. Rather than wait ages for mine.

40 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

well that went remarkably smoothly. It was very slick, if they had the gear and a 24hr shift system I think they could have this knocked out the park within a a couple of weeks

They could probably get 4,000 a day done. It would be 3 days before they ran out of vaccine

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Glad Paul Moulton has had his jab and is now an expert on side effects. He was truly derailed with his ancillary worker bait trip, no facts, no background checks and a waste of a question.

Indeed. It may turn out that the ancillary workers question is something worth looking into, but he clearly hadn’t bothered to ask his source for this for any further details. 

Here's a question;

Where has transmission been taking place?

We have had over 1500 cases to date. While its impossible to say for sure where each person became infected a pattern must be emerging from contact tracing which shows the types of location where contact with an infected person has taken place. Where do we need to avoid?

I guess that with the isolation rules, most transmission is probably in the home (which would be a little ironic given that we're supposed to stay at home to stay safe), but outside of the home, where are the places that we need to take extra special care/precautions? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Here's a question;

Where has transmission been taking place?

We have had over 1500 cases to date. While its impossible to say for sure where each person became infected a pattern must be emerging from contact tracing which shows the types of location where contact with an infected person has taken place. Where do we need to avoid?

I guess that with the isolation rules, most transmission is probably in the home (which would be a little ironic given that we're supposed to stay at home to stay safe), but outside of the home, where are the places that we need to take extra special care/precautions? 

It seems that, as you rightly say, the most infectious place is in the home. Therefore theory would say that was the place to avoid. But we are being told to stay home:lol:

Given the virus is transmitted by airborne particles (spit in mist form really) and the probability of picking it up is proportional to the chance of an infected persons spit entering your respiratory system, then the places to avoid are places where there is likely to be a high concentration of airborne spit/mist. Of course you can be unlucky and accidentally inhale someone else's spit anywhere where there is another person but the likelihood of course is much lower for certain settings.

So avoid

Pubs, Bars and Restaurants. Concerts, Theatres. Directly in front of fat blokes on treadmills etc. And of course - Home if someone in the house has it

Go for

The great outdoors. Concentrations of particles cant build up in the wind. Ever tried spraying a car outside!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StrangeBrew said:

Indeed. It may turn out that the ancillary workers question is something worth looking into, but he clearly hadn’t bothered to ask his source for this for any further details. 

Ancillary workers question yesterday. Sudden silt build up and cancelled boats today. Coincidence? 

On 11/24/2020 at 5:04 PM, Nom de plume said:

It's not for me, however,  if a requirement for travel purposes, then yes of course.

I'd like Mr. Quayle & Mr. Ashford to enlighten us on who will be vaccinated initially and what are the implications for on / off travel to the Island.

I mean, we now know from scientific and medical data that those over 65 are the most susceptible to developing life endangering symptoms & the risk to those below that age is negligible, ergo ... if we were to vaccinate all those over 65 the risk posed to Manx society and the NHS would be nullified.

The rest of us by rights should then be able to travel freely.

On 3/28/2021 at 8:33 PM, Nom de plume said:

#metoo

Lovely lady on the blower, very efficient.

So did you change your mind and have the vaccine?

• Like 1