Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Oh but it has. Approx one 1/5-1/4 were school students. That appears to have been the main vector of transmission from household to household.

But how many needed hospital treatment? This was the whole point of restrictions to protect the nhs not make sure there's no deaths or sickness.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

But how many needed hospital treatment? This was the whole point of restrictions to protect the nhs not make sure there's no deaths or sickness.

Yes, but they took it home and passed it to mum, dad, granny and grandpa, who then ended up in hospital and some died.

1 minute ago, GD4ELI said:

"We're seeing in places like Michigan that the people who are now getting hospitalized by large numbers are people in their 30s and 40s," Wen said. "And now we're even seeing children getting infected in larger numbers, too."

33 minutes ago, John Wright said:

1. They don’t combine. They don’t mate. They reproduce solo ( using humans ).

Not technically true.  (That said I don't know if it's been reported with the Covid virus yet).

Recombination

Viral recombination occurs when viruses of two different parent strains coinfect the same host cell and interact during replication to generate virus progeny that have some genes from both parents. Recombination generally occurs between members of the same virus type (e.g., between two influenza viruses or between two herpes simplex viruses). Two mechanisms of recombination have been observed for viruses: independent assortment and incomplete linkage. Either mechanism can produce new viral serotypes or viruses with altered virulence.

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Yes, but they took it home and passed it to mum, dad, granny and grandpa, who then ended up in hospital and some died.

So my point stands if the at risk groups are vaccinated then why the need for the younger people to be tested and vaccinated? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

We don't know if those who died were given it by school children so that's speculation on your part unless you have some inside information and those who died were with Covid not because of Covid as already stated.

A number of those in hospital had underlying health issues as I said earlier , a number I know were unvaccinated .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

The problem is it’ll be end 21 or mid 22 before the under 16’s are vaccinated. The current outbreak has affected, mainly, the unvaccinated under 60’s, including school students.

Not sure it matters.  Life needs to move on.  The groups that need it are close to being vaccinated.  Whether we jab kids or not seems irrelevant to operating as a normal society.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Banker said:

We don't know if those who died were given it by school children so that's speculation on your part unless you have some inside information and those who died were with Covid not because of Covid as already stated.

A number of those in hospital had underlying health issues as I said earlier , a number I know were unvaccinated .

Certain people are always going to be at risk.  Vaccination won't necessarily change that.  It'll lessen the chances of dying etc.  That's as good as it gets.  Time to move on.

• Like 2