Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

31 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Got my letter through today to register for the vaccine. in my 30's no health conditions so seem to be battering through them.

well now we've dealt with the 50% of the population that is pensioners the rest can have a look in.

9 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Little update from texas,fully open no masks or social distancing baseball started up the other night with a full stadium. Shows the vaccine is working.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-covid-cases-drop-record-low-nearly-three-weeks-after-mask-mandate-lifted-1579484?amp=1

Not really. This was covered on here or the other thread a couple of weeks ago. Yes, Texas is fully open, as are several other very warm US states. Texas has a very low population density and an outdoor lifestyle. The virus does not like sun and heat. 

19 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

"We're seeing in places like Michigan that the people who are now getting hospitalized by large numbers are people in their 30s and 40s," Wen said. "And now we're even seeing children getting infected in larger numbers, too."

Let me get this straight.  Are we saying that a virus, disproportionally impacts unhealthy overweight people?

Being young doesn't make you invincible.  It gives you a better chance of not becoming ill but so does looking after yourself.

Government cant say it (and shouldn't have to) but people need to be taking responsibility for their own wellbeing as well.

I really don't think we can use America as a yard stick for anything.

Fat people get sick! Hardly breaking news is it?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Let me get this straight.  Are we saying that a virus, disproportionally impacts unhealthy overweight people?

Being young doesn't make you invincible.  It gives you a better chance of not becoming ill but so does looking after yourself.

Government cant say it (and shouldn't have to) but people need to be taking responsibility for their own wellbeing as well.

I really don't think we can use America as a yard stick for anything.

Fat people get sick! Hardly breaking news is it?

Yes 42.4% of Americans are classed as obese!!

https://www.tfah.org/report-details/state-of-obesity-2020/

12 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

One of the people in icu this time was early fourties and a bit of a fitness fanatic. 

But out now, I know a couple who were in were fairly fit but were asthmatic which is why they were badly impacted 

UK Medicines Regulator now considering restriction of vaccinations of "young people" with AZ over ongoing fears of blood clotting concerns. Further statements to be issued on Weds and Thurs. European MR still feels that there is a connection. All this potentially slows the vaccine rollout. BoJo encourages people to continue getting their jabs (source Sky News).

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

32 minutes ago, Banker said:

But out now, I know a couple who were in were fairly fit but were asthmatic which is why they were badly impacted 

Well it's their own fault for catching the asthma then..

17 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Here we go again.... a single instance of someone getting shirty in a Hub and suddenly it becomes such a major problem that we all need to be lectured about it. 

In fairness, he has to keep the vaccination hub staff on side. If they make a complaint that is relayed to him, and he isn't seen to be supporting them, it won't turn out well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

UK Medicines Regulator now considering restriction of vaccinations of "young people" with AZ over ongoing fears of blood clotting concerns. Further statements to be issued on Weds and Thurs. European MR still feels that there is a connection. All this potentially slows the vaccine rollout. BoJo encourages people to continue getting their jabs (source Sky News).

still no evidence provided by anyone that the AZ vaccine is the cause of the clots, the numbers are very small (1 in 600,000 i think) as to be almost negligible.

Still Pfizer's rich investor's clearly have media weight behind them to keep it in the news, the BBC and Mail running multiple fear stories today.

29 minutes ago, The Chief said:

still no evidence provided by anyone that the AZ vaccine is the cause of the clots, the numbers are very small (1 in 600,000 i think) as to be almost negligible.

Please see this.

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-362354/v1

AZ being linked to heparin type thrombocytopenia.