Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Thanks. Me & the Mrs were jabbed a couple of weeks ago and there is nothing on the NHS app or patient access (which gets it's feed from the NHS info anyway I believe), hence the question. We are with Hailwood surgery.

Some companies are stipulating you must show you are two weeks post second jab before they will let you travel with them. The fact that it's taking this long to appear in our records has the potential to cause problems.

I’m with Hailwood as well and nothing has shown up after 16 days , whereas my wife who is with palatine had hers showing within 3/4 days

• Thanks 1

Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

Ah right. I thought you meant airlines.

I cam sort of see why Cruise companies may initially adopt this approach.

Only Quantas so far of airlines have said they will insist on vaccinations but it’s looking highly likely they will be required for entry into a lot of countries if you wish to avoid mandatory quarantine 

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Only Quantas so far of airlines have said they will insist on vaccinations but it’s looking highly likely they will be required for entry into a lot of countries if you wish to avoid mandatory quarantine 

That's the exact point - just as your Visa or ESTA is checked before you are allowed to travel to the USA, your vaccination or testing status will be checked by the airline before a boarding pass is issued if they are a condition of entry to enter a particular country. Greece and Spain are making such demands for British tourists I believe. 

If the airline bring an inadmissible person to a country, they are responsible for their repatriation. That can be costly and inconvenient, so the airlines will be strictly complying with and entry conditions.

11 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Do we have a system in place that will allow people to evidence their compliance or does it rely on a letter from the surgery?

Your vaccination status will appear in your medical history which you can show using the NHS app or any of the third party apps which link to it. I believe the UK are going to make this the system that is used to generate the required proof.

That's why it's important the fact that you've been vaccinated is entered into your health records without delay.

5 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Your vaccination status will appear in your medical history which you can show using the NHS app or any of the third party apps which link to it. I believe the UK are going to make this the system that is used to generate the required proof.

That's why it's important the fact that you've been vaccinated is entered into your health records without delay.

But it needs type of vaccine entering, and it needs to produce a QR code. Otherwise you’re thrown back on the bit of card.

10 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Seems like a potential logistical nightmare.

Paper based subject to easy fraud.  App based is invasive and some will struggle with it.

British Airways with various other airlines are developing an app which will show your COVID status eg negative test, vaccinated or recovered from Covid in past 2 months etc

https://www.futuretravelexperience.com/2021/03/ba-unveils-plans-for-app-based-digital-health-passport/

Edited by Banker