Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

British Airways with various other airlines are developing an app which will show your COVID status eg negative test, vaccinated or recovered from Covid in past 2 months etc

Yes, but where are they going to get the verified  info from?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Seems like a potential logistical nightmare.

Paper based subject to easy fraud.  App based is invasive and some will struggle with it.

There are some clever people working to make it easy - and on your NHS App, you can choose what you want to share.

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

British Airways with various other airlines are developing an app which will show your COVID status eg negative test, vaccinated or recovered from Covid in past 2 months etc

I think they are looking to use this: https://www.iata.org/en/youandiata/travelers/iata-travel-pass-for-travelers/

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Yes, but where are they going to get the info from?

You will authorise it to link to the immunisations section of your NHS record.

From the IATA Travel Pass FAQs:

'You as a traveler you always remain in control of your data privacy. The IATA Travel Pass does not store any data centrally. It simply links entities that need verification with the test or vaccination data when travelers permit. No verification will go to an airline or a government without your authorization'.

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

You will authorise it to link to the immunisations section of your NHS record.

From the IATA Travel Pass FAQs:

'You as a traveler you always remain in control of your data privacy. The IATA Travel Pass does not store any data centrally. It simply links entities that need verification with the test or vaccination data when travelers permit. No verification will go to an airline or a government without your authorization'.

Which means the info on the NHS data base needs to be

1. accurate

2. accessible

Just now, John Wright said:

Which means the info on the NHS data base needs to be

1. accurate

2. accessible

Well let's hope that Minister Ashford & his team are on the case as the question of vaccine passports has been asked numerous times at the briefings.

On 4/11/2021 at 4:42 PM, TerryFuchwit said:

Ah right. I thought you meant airlines.

I cam sort of see why Cruise companies may initially adopt this approach.

IATA are trialling the airline app with 3 airlines, I think I read. The initial trial was with Singapore.

ETA: Apologies, I see that this is now being covered.

Edited by Andy Onchan

This worries me, gov record keeping is terrible. Look at the "Dashboard" for a recent example.

Important stuff like a Covid passport needs more care and expertise than it usually gets.

They need to farm it out to the private sector, a payroll type business that is used to keeping very accurate simple data would be my choice.

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

Didn't Howard say last week that vaccination information could already be put on passport records if required? So provided you have your passport whilst travelling it can be scanned and checked. 

No he didn’t! He said you can ask GP for a letter or DHSC would provide something similar .

Edited by Banker

Has anyone with Hailwood practice got their Covid vaccinations showing on patient access?

Had mine 18 days ago & still not showing, the phone just rings out , sent an email yesterday but no response yet.Wife with palatine had her record updated within 3 days

15 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

They need to farm it out to the private sector

Like the UK did with Serco for T&T, or like they did with Capita for patient records? The private sector doesn't have a good record when managing NHS services

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3