Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

Lovely interaction with 111 just now.

I was offered a vaccine at the airport on a Sunday morning which is not very convenient for me so I politely declined the appointment to which I received in accusatory tones;

"well why can't you get there?"

Not wishing to really get into it I said that transport on a Sunday morning was not very achievable for me, to which;

"well are you going to make any appointment then? because we're not coming to Ramsey anytime soon"

I struggle to understand the benefit of adopting a confrontational approach with these sort of things and fear that it's the sort of attitude and approach which will put people off getting a vaccine

Edited by Rhumsaa
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

Lovely interaction with 11 just now.

I was offered a vaccine at the airport on a Sunday morning which is not very convenient for me so I politely declined the appointment to which I received in accusatory tones;

"well why can't you get there?"

Not wishing to really get into it I said that transport on a Sunday morning was not very achievable for me, to which;

"well are you going to make any appointment then? because we're not coming to Ramsey anytime soon"

I struggle to understand the benefit of adopting an confrontational approach with these sort of things and fear that it's the sort of attitude and approach which will put people off getting a vaccine

I'll bet they felt really sorry for inconveniencing you. How do you define inconvenient. If you have mobility issues did you tell them that or just say it was inconvenient. 

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

I'll bet they felt really sorry for inconveniencing you. How do you define inconvenient. If you have mobility issues did you tell them that or just say it was inconvenient. 

the interaction went as I have outlined in the post you are responding to

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rhumsaa said:

the interaction went as I have outlined in the post you are responding to

I'm afraid if I was on 111 I wouldn't be sympathetic to you unless you had a good reason. I mean inconvenient! Not the right word. They might say its bloody inconvenient for them to have to get to the airport on a Sunday morning as well, but they seem to manage ....for all our sakes

• Like 1

Hope the AZ vaccine decliners weren’t waiting for Johnson jab !!

1. Posted at 14:5614:56

BREAKINGJohnson & Johnson to delay European jab rollout

Johnson & Johnson says it's going to delay the rollout of its vaccine in Europe, and is reviewing cases of extremely rare blood clots in a small number of people who've received the jab.

US health officials earlier called for a pause on Johnson & Johnson's single-dose vaccinations, after six people there developed a rare disorder involving blood clots.

All of the people who developed the disorder were women between the ages of 18 and 48. One person died, and another is in a critical condition.

According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), almost seven million people have been given the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in the US so far.

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I'm afraid if I was on 111 I wouldn't be sympathetic to you unless you had a good reason. I mean inconvenient! Not the right word. They might say its bloody inconvenient for them to have to get to the airport on a Sunday morning as well, but they seem to manage ....for all our sakes

Who asked for sympathy? all I ask for is politeness and professionalism.

All they have to do is say "oh ok, well there's no other appointments available at this time" and I say no problem

If I was on here demanding a vaccination tomorrow I could understand your stance but you seem to be suggesting that it's acceptable to be rude to people with no provocation?

I don't think it's within the remit of 111 to demand and then judge what is a "good reason" for not accepting the appointment provided?

Edited by Rhumsaa

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Or they’re providing a service. They’ve slots in Douglas, much nearer, or on days other than Sunday, or at times other than the morning on Sunday. 

They’ve got a slot on their screen. They ring you. If it’s not convenient it’s pretty simple to offer another appointment. It’s typical inflexibility.

1 minute ago, Rhumsaa said:

Who asked for sympathy? all I ask for is politeness and professionalism.

All they have to do is say "oh ok, well there's no other appointments available at this time" and I say no problem

If I was on here demanding a vaccination tomorrow I could understand your stance but you seem to be suggesting that it's acceptable to be rude to people with no provocation?

No provocation you say?

If I am not mistaken you have a beard.

I rest my case.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

No provocation you say?

If I am not mistaken you have a beard.

I rest my case.

they can't see that on the phone!

typical anti-beardist propaganda

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Or they’re providing a service. They’ve slots in Douglas, much nearer, or on days other than Sunday, or at times other than the morning on Sunday. 

They’ve got a slot on their screen. They ring you. If it’s not convenient it’s pretty simple to offer another appointment. It’s typical inflexibility.

It's an isle of man thing. All the way from Ramsay to the airport!