Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

52 minutes ago, quilp said:

I thought the Headmaster said the anaphylaxis case had recovered? 

That is what HQ said. He said that someone had had an anaphylactic reaction after vaccination but had been treated and recovered. There was also another person who died shortly after having the vaccine, but the investigations carried out showed that there was no link between the vaccine and the patient subsequently dying.

58 minutes ago, John Wright said:

After the mess he’s made with announcements today DA should resign.

There are plenty of posts on here saying that the Government should hold their hands up when they make a mistake and that what we want is transparency. It is often said that people will understand that they are only human, and admitting to their mistakes will help build public trust. I have pointed out before that whatever people say, when they do admit to a mistake there are instant calls for their resignation. They really cannot win.

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

There's an additional bit of nonsense here about Ashford not being at the media briefing because he 'had to' tell the Keys about misinforming them earlier.  Given that they'd obviously know for several hours, there was nothing to prevent him telling them earlier, except that it meant Ashford could avoid embarrassing questions from the media.

No other explanation, Roger.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Newbie said:

There are plenty of posts on here saying that the Government should hold their hands up when they make a mistake and that what we want is transparency. It is often said that people will understand that they are only human, and admitting to their mistakes will help build public trust. I have pointed out before that whatever people say, when they do admit to a mistake there are instant calls for their resignation. They really cannot win.

They don't have to win, just get such a fundamental thing right.  Add this to the rest of the BS that has been flying around and you have to have concerns about competence and not just of the politicians, but those advising them. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

They don't have to win, just get such a fundamental thing right.  Add this to the rest of the BS that has been flying around and you have to have concerns about competence and not just of the politicians, but those advising them. 

Perhaps it was a bad choice of words by me. However, when a Minister has given the wrong information to the HOK, we would expect them to come back and set the record straight. If doing so gets instant calls for their resignation, you can see why they might sometimes be reticent.

10 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It's becoming more obvious by the day that Ashford has the ability to be a bit more creative when pressed on matters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

What a bloody farce.

I have no idea who died, who didn’t die, whether it was one or two people who died or didn’t die. No idea who out of the two had an anaphylactic shock either straight away or after and then died or didn’t die.

This is not one the finest of days of the Boy Vampire. In fact, recently, his days seem to be going from bad to worse. 

as long as rob callister doesn't post that  bill shimmins has died again it could be a win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Newbie said:

Welcome to MF:D

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

After the mess he’s made with announcements today DA should resign.

Why?

Despite really toe-curling misdemeanors/blunders by the denizens of Tynwald they never resign.

Watterson puking up, Tony Wild breathalysed, Houghton forgetting to pay his pension to name but a few.

I take the view that anyone of any integrity who has demonstrably failed to meet a certain standard that those they serve can expect of them should immediately offer their resignation.

Just doesn't happen...

• Like 3