Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

On 4/15/2021 at 11:25 AM, Andy Onchan said:

I see that the comment about the Crown Indemnity has now been removed from MR report. Which doesn't surprise me because when I read it I thought how fucking insensitive it was to even mention it!

No "Loweying" on this occasion Andy. Hansard is now out. He wasn't being insensitive, he was answering a question from somebody who was:D

Ms Edge: Thank you, Mr Speaker. I wonder if the Minister could advise then with regard to the indemnity for the vaccination. If we are not finding out about yellow card incidences, how is the Isle of Man going to apply the indemnity if there is a situation such as somebody loses their life, and obviously there would be an investigation into that.

The Speaker: Minister.

The Minister: Thank you, Mr Speaker. Well, the Hon. Member has just answered her own question. The person would have presented  to our services and it would come out of the investigation into the death, which then, if it was ruled in a coroner’s court it was the result of a vaccine, obviously the indemnity would kick in. We need to be clear what the yellow card reporting system is, Mr Speaker. The purpose of it is to build a database of common conditions that are found after vaccination and that is the purpose of it. It is not to give geographic data to individual health authorities.

Edited by piebaps

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Vaccination certificates.

Here is the latest EU prototype.

Presumably UK and CD and OT will use similar.

014F2B41-A8EA-4D83-A70C-321A2DDB6980.jpeg

3EFEA816-55A3-489D-A40E-98F459FD432D.jpeg

Looks like Spain are keen for British back with vaccine passports the way for some 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/spain-summer-holiday-2021-tourism-minister-greece-portugal-covid-b931075.html%3famp

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

But not until July at earliest, probably August.

Don't get me wrong. The sooner the better.

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

Looks like they are hoping for June or earlier, hope IOM can link in to scheme 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-coronavirus-passports-for-foreign-travel-will-be-available-as-soon-as-possible-12283777

“[ The Spanish Minister ] hopes a deal can be struck with the UK in June to allow breaks later in the summer”

Always pays to read your links, rather than inject your ( wrong ) interpretation into them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

No "Loweying" on this occasion Andy. Hansard is now out. He wasn't being insensitive, he was answering a question from somebody who was:D

Ms Edge: Thank you, Mr Speaker. I wonder if the Minister could advise then with regard to the indemnity for the vaccination. If we are not finding out about yellow card incidences, how is the Isle of Man going to apply the indemnity if there is a situation such as somebody loses their life, and obviously there would be an investigation into that.

The Speaker: Minister.

The Minister: Thank you, Mr Speaker. Well, the Hon. Member has just answered her own question. The person would have presented  to our services and it would come out of the investigation into the death, which then, if it was ruled in a coroner’s court it was the result of a vaccine, obviously the indemnity would kick in. We need to be clear what the yellow card reporting system is, Mr Speaker. The purpose of it is to build a database of common conditions that are found after vaccination and that is the purpose of it. It is not to give geographic data to individual health authorities.

I did confirm that he was answering a question almost immediately afterwards when MR put the audio clip up. But still doesn't change my opinion that the response was crass:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, John Wright said:

“[ The Spanish Minister ] hopes a deal can be struck with the UK in June to allow breaks later in the summer”

Always pays to read your links, rather than inject your ( wrong ) interpretation into them.

Sorry John, I still read it as from June when I expect international travel to green countries will commence 

"If we reach these kind of agreements from the month of June, we will be able to have a summer," Mr Valdes said.

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

Sorry John, I still read it as from June when I expect international travel to green countries will commence 

"If we reach these kind of agreements from the month of June, we will be able to have a summer," Mr Valdes said.

UK letting you out, or back in, is one thing. Pesky foreigners still seem to have a different idea about letting Brits in.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, John Wright said:

Pesky foreigners still seem to have a different idea about letting Brits in.

Who's to blame them? The UK is still 7th in the list of countries on numbers of infections, 5th in the world in the number of deaths, and 13th in the world in number of deaths per million of population.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

1 minute ago, monasqueen said:

Who's to blame them? The UK is still 7th in the list of countries on numbers of infections, 5th in the world in the number of deaths, and 13th in the world in number of deaths per million of population.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Except those aren’t the criteria.

31 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

I'm sure that the criteria differ quite a lot from country to country, as do the "people" who apply them.!!

But no one is going to look at 14 months infection and death rates to determine cross border travel entry requirements. 

I know the arguments about increasing the interval between doses from 3-4 weeks to 10 & then 12 weeks. But this is the nonsense it generates. 

If you don’t register for your 1st dose by 10th May you won’t be able to have a first dose for 10 weeks as there will be no more first doses until late July as they’ll be catching up with second doses to the exclusion of first doses.

• Like 1