Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I know the arguments about increasing the interval between doses from 3-4 weeks to 10 & then 12 weeks. But this is the nonsense it generates. 

If you don’t register for your 1st dose by 10th May you won’t be able to have a first dose for 10 weeks as there will be no more first doses until late July as they’ll be catching up with second doses to the exclusion of first doses.

Do you think this might be a nudge to get people to register? In the younger age cohorts I’m hearing about relatively low take up rates, probably due to apathy rather than outright resistance. If they miss the boat and vaccine passports come in it might be no holidays. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Do you think this might be a nudge to get people to register? In the younger age cohorts I’m hearing about relatively low take up rates, probably due to apathy rather than outright resistance. If they miss the boat and vaccine passports come in it might be no holidays. 

No, I suspect is a straightforward supply and injection capacity bottleneck. 

I wonder when they’ll start dismantling Ronaldsway vaccination centre?

41 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I wonder when they’ll start dismantling Ronaldsway vaccination centre?

They aren’t; they’re extending the runway so they can vaccinate all the under 25s.

• Haha 3

I thought it was crap the way we built those hubs, dawdled getting going with jabs, held on to loads of stock etc.

No proper booking system etc was unforgiveable.

However I will put my hands up and say that since about mid Feb I really don't think they could have done much more and should be applauded.

I have however (not blaming anyone, just stating facts) had some pretty full on short and longer term side effects from my AZ jab.

Several weeks later and ever since about 48 hours after the day I got it I have never been so tired and run down in my life.  To such an extent that I am working reduced hours and having a nap most afternoons.  I would still have it again but feel awful, exchausted, disturbed and broken sleep etc.

Fair play to all concerned for stepping up and putting things right after what seemed to be a slow start and apparently vaccinating us to relevant freedom in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 6:44 PM, wrighty said:

That's a good point. Maybe that's the nudge they need. 

Speaking to young people in their 20's and 30's they have a worrying indifference to vaccination. Finding out they can't travel might focus their minds. Having the 20 to 40's vaccinated is critical to beating the virus back.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's a good point. Maybe that's the nudge they need. 

Speaking to young people in their 20's and 30's they have a worrying indifference to vaccination. Finding out they can't travel might focus their minds. Having the 20 to 40's vaccinated is critical to beating the virus back.

My 27 year old son was adamant he wasn’t having the vaccine but has now changed his mind for this very reason.