Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

8 hours ago, trmpton said:

Several weeks later and ever since about 48 hours after the day I got it I have never been so tired and run down in my life.  To such an extent that I am working reduced hours and having a nap most afternoons.  I would still have it again but feel awful, exchausted, disturbed and broken sleep etc.

Have you considered that that you might actually have had Covid?  Given that this was several weeks ago and so when there were a lot of cases on the Island.  Vaccination doesn't really start to provide protection until 2-3 weeks afterwards and you could have been incubating the infection when you were jabbed anyway.

• Like 3

I thought it was crap the way we built those hubs, dawdled getting going with jabs, held on to loads of stock etc.

No proper booking system etc was unforgiveable.

However I will put my hands up and say that since about mid Feb I really don't think they could have done much more and should be applauded.

I have however (not blaming anyone, just stating facts) had some pretty full on short and longer term side effects from my AZ jab.

Several weeks later and ever since about 48 hours after the day I got it I have never been so tired and run down in my life.  To such an extent that I am working reduced hours and having a nap most afternoons.  I would still have it again but feel awful, exchausted, disturbed and broken sleep etc.

Fair play to all concerned for stepping up and putting things right after what seemed to be a slow start and apparently vaccinating us to relevant freedom in the coming weeks.

Your post vaccination experience is not far from both my wife's and my experience. Broken sleep. Almost constant tiredness. And, my arm occasionally aches in the area of the jab. Been four weeks now. If I do a couple of hours of physical work in the morning, I am good for nothing in the afternoon.

Still, I think the vaccination teams are doing a really good job. However, it is time to crack on with second jabs now as we are falling behind. Statements from JVT last night highlight the importance of having it. Especially if you want fuss free travel later on this year.

• Like 1

I have however (not blaming anyone, just stating facts) had some pretty full on short and longer term side effects from my AZ jab.

I've also had a long term side effect from the OAZ - tinnitus. Really loud, inescapable high-pitch ringing that leaves me unable to concentrate, headachey, and fatigued due to lack of a good night's sleep.

Not only is it interfering with work, it's interfering with my life in general for the past six weeks. And it seems to be getting worse (louder). 

I've got a doctor appointment (in person!) on 7 May, but I'm not sure she can do anything for me. I live in hope though. 

I will have my second jab, but if do-overs were a possibility I think I'd try for the pppfiffifer vax. Knowing my health luck though, I'd probably have bits falling off me or something with that one. 😞  

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Speaking to young people in their 20's and 30's they have a worrying indifference to vaccination. Finding out they can't travel might focus their minds. Having the 20 to 40's vaccinated is critical to beating the virus back.

I don't think it is complete indifference as much as it being seen as low priority - which is fair enough given that their vaccination has been seen as low priority up to now. There may also be practical reasons such as not wanting to or being able to get time off work.  Polling suggests that they don't seem opposed to vaccination as much as uncertain.  Asked If and when a coronavirus vaccine becomes available, will you get vaccinated? opposition by age group doesn't vary much:

image.png.61f489918502845afb87ed968e0766f5.png

and such uncertainty is fairly common among most polling with younger age-groups

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Both of my kids had their jabs yesterday.  They were very keen to get it done as were most of their friends, so not all in their 20s are anti vax. 

There are a lot though who are not engaging.  I think government are working with Gef on some sort of awareness campaign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

There are a lot though who are not engaging.  I think government are working with Gef on some sort of awareness campaign.

About time, the government could do with some awareness, they don't seem to know what is going on most of the time......😃

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Have you considered that that you might actually have had Covid?  Given that this was several weeks ago and so when there were a lot of cases on the Island.  Vaccination doesn't really start to provide protection until 2-3 weeks afterwards and you could have been incubating the infection when you were jabbed anyway.

If I have then it proves you can get it twice.

7 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

About time, the government could do with some awareness, they don't seem to know what is going on most of the time......😃

To be fair most youngsters aren’t going to listen to two fat middle aged white blokes telling them what’s good for them. They need people who can engage and inspire, not hector and patronise. 

Edited by Itsmeee
ETA and can’t pronounce the name of one of the vaccines either
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

To be fair most youngsters aren’t going to listen to two fat middle aged white blokes telling them what’s good for them. They need people who can engage and inspire, not hector and patronise. 

Like who?

Two young and slim black women? Would they be better in engaging and inspiring?

Who is being patronising here?